Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

HELP! Thought I had found the best foundation, then the formula changed?!

Hello,

I'm new to the Sephora Community, but I really need help!

Last year, after using/trying different brands for years, I found the best shade for my skin, my complexion, lifestyle, etc. etc. Natasha Denona's Foundation X.  NOT the new X+.  The new X+ is awful for me.

It was marketed as a full coverage, but I found that with a damp beauty blender I was able to get medium coverage that would last easily up to 10 hours without touch-ups!! I have incredibly oily skin, and this stuff would not get lifted up throughout the day and smear off. It was my favorite foundation ever!

I had used KatVonD's foundation, but got tired of how full coverage it was, and wanted something lighter on my skin.  Finding something to match my skin tone is very difficult, so I went on a bit of a journey. I stuck with Fenty Beauty for a couple months, but the oxidization started to get to me.  I tried some others, I can't remember what.

I like a liquid foundation, I've got very very fair skin, very sensitive skin, very oily skin - especially my T zone and my forehead at large (hah).

I went to restock on my Natasha Denona Foundation X, shade 05 (they didn't have it online only in my local Sephora) in May.  The first time I went to use it, noticed it was different.  The shade is the same, but the formula is extremely runny. It also only lasts about 6 or 7 hours on my face, and if I use blotting papers it completely wipes the makeup off my face!  

I am happy to give more details about my skin, experience, etc., but I'm not sure what y'all need.

I just need some recommendations on a new foundation, similar to the Foundation X. Please let me know if you have any I could try!!

Thanks!

Re: HELP! Thought I had found the best foundation, then the formula changed?!

Hi @Mlaina I’m very fair skin toned also, are you cool undertones or warm? 

Re: HELP! Thought I had found the best foundation, then the formula changed?!

think I have warm undertones?  I'm a fairly pink person. But I've never spoken to a professional about it.  Most super fair foundations have cool undertones, and it tends to work fine unless I get super flushed and my chest gets red!

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing