Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

HELP! My skin is turning on me...

I have always had oily, acne prone skin. I just had a baby 4 months ago, and my skin was better than it ever has been. HOWEVER, I am starting to have my monthly hormonal breakouts again and they are worse than ever before. I go to sleep with great skin and wake up in the morning with about 50 zits in my T-zone. 

I need a recommendation for a product (preferably a cleanser, or even better, a mask) that works FAST for breakouts. Like, within the week cleared up fast, if there even is such a heavenly product. 

Some products I already use are GlamGlow SuperMud and tarte Knockout toner. I use LUSH products (Coalface, Herbalism) for my face but I think they are just too gentle for serious breakouts. I also use Alba Organics face moisturizer, which has worked for me in the past but maybe it's just too heavy for my skin?

Please help!

HELP! My skin is turning on me...

Hi momma! Salicylic acid wipes, just where you're breaking out, at bedtime! I'm going to suggest babying your skin the rest of the time. Water & sleep, (I'm sorry, I know!) all that jazz!

Re: HELP! My skin is turning on me...

I struggle with acne too so I feel your pain! I like to use the boscia Charcoal makeup melter to take off my makeup and then I'll mask with boscia's charcoal pore pudding because it detoxifies and balances my skin.

Re: HELP! My skin is turning on me...

Have you ever tried a night serum containing AHA or another acid? They help to resurface, so while it takes a little time for your skin to get better, they can prevent future breakouts with regular use. I have sensitive skin that is acne prone so I only use a night serum 2-3 times per week because otherwise my breakouts get worse. For me, it's a balance between resurfacing and soothing my skin.

I also love lush products and find that they are so good for all skin types. The Fresh floral toner is really great at balancing and soothing irritated skin. Korres makes a wild rose night cream that helps to sooth too.

My favorite new fast fix is the glamglow brightening treatment. I had a terrible breakout and I used the treatment and within 20 minutes my breakout had diminished and the next day was so much better. It smells really good too.

I hope that helps but it's just my own experiences.

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing