Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

GOOD primers/settingpowder/settingspray?!?!

Does anybody know any really good primers, setting sprays and setting powders for really oily skin?! I’ve tried nyx, wet n wild and elf for primers but that didn’t help. I’ve also tried fit me powder and airspun which I guess aren’t to bad I guess I just really need a good primer and setting spray to stay super matte.

Re: GOOD primers/settingpowder/settingspray?!?!

Hi @shxnecee,

I also have really oily skin. I love the LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation, the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucentand the BECCA - Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector. They seem to last the longest and help me stay matte throughout the day. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Hi @shxnecee,

I also deal with really oily skin as well and always looking for products to help my shin not come through as fast throughout the day!

I love the TATCHA - The Silk Canvas Protective Primer Minias i've seen an amazing difference in my oil production when I wear this and when I don't. Another good primer that will help keep you matte is ERBORIAN - Extra Matte Ultra Mattifying Primer, it's lightweight and helps really does make a difference!

The two powders that I love are the Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucentwhich is my HG and love how it sets my makeup and the finish is amazing. I have recently purchased the Fenty Beauty by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Setting Powder Butter and so far so good! My face makeup stays matte throughout the day!

My favorite setting spray would have to be Urban Decay Mini All Nighter Long-Lasting Makeup Setting Spray Mini Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL. This has been my go-to setting spray for years. The longevity of my makeup with the products i've mentioned go well together. I hope this helps! 🙂

-Helen

@shxnecee  Here are my picks

Primer Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Face Primer Blur Primer Gold

Setting powder -Hourglass Veil™ Translucent Setting Powder - Talc Free Translucentand CHARLOTTE TILBURY - Airbrush Flawless Finish Setting Powder

Setting Spray- Morphe setting spray

@shxnecee Girl I can relate to the struggle with oily skin (I’m super combo). I use the TOO FACED - Peach Perfect Mattifying Setting Powder – Peaches and Cream Collection. It’s SO good. Keeps my t-zone matte all day, whereas before I was basically an oil slick by noon. I’ve been using the COVER FX - Mattifying Primer With Anti-Acne Treatment. I think it works well, but I’m not crazy about the texture (it has that almost silicone texture). I do love that it has salicylic acid in it though! As for setting sprays, the COVER FX - Mattifying Setting Sprayis my go-to during the day. I love this stuff! But as @ZakiyaBT also suggested, the Urban Decay All Nighter Waterproof Makeup Setting Spray Standard Size - 4 oz/ 118 mLhas the most longevity. There’s a version specifically for oily skin, but I find the original is better actually!

Hi @shxnecee,

You may want to try Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray, Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder or the new Fenty Beauty Setting Powders. I have oily skin as well and I used the All Nighter setting spray over my Fenty foundation for my sister's wedding and my face was flawless all day and in pictures. I hope that this helps!

Best,

Zakiya

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing