cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Foundation

Hello,

Every foundation I wear looks cakey on me. I've tried different foundations, beauty sponges, and changed the amount apply. I have oily skin and every foundation makes my texture even more when I wear makeup. Any foundation recommendations or something to help foundation look less cakey? 

RE: Foundation

I was having this issue as well, and a couple things helped solve it. First, skincare: at night, First Aid beauty facial radiance pads and a facial oil (Sunday Riley Luna or similar) and/or moisturizer (Clinique dramatically different gel). In the morning: ole henriksen balance face cleanser, ole henriksen balance toner, ole henriksen counter balance Mattifying hydrator. As for makeup: I find that the hourglass veil primer or peter thomas Roth skin to die for primer are great. Then for foundation the only ones that I have found that work are Laura mercier silk Creme oil free, Laura mercier oil free tinted moisturizer, Lancôme Teint Idole 24H, and the milk blur liquid Matte foundation. Hope this helps!!

Re: RE: Foundation

thank you so much, I will have to check some of this out!

Re: Foundation

It's easier to recommend when we know what your actual PRE-Makeup regimen is... it may not just be the fact that you're oily.. plenty of ladies have oily skin. Give us more insight... and no different than any other brand,  I wouldn't just recommend something simply based on just being oily- because it may not be the foundation that's the issue... It doesn't matter what foundation you use, until you are controlling the oiliness first. 

nikkay2desire wrote:

It's easier to recommend when we know what your actual PRE-Makeup regimen is... it may not just be the fact that you're oily.. plenty of ladies have oily skin. Give us more insight... and no different than any other brand,  I wouldn't just recommend something simply based on just being oily- because it may not be the foundation that's the issue... It doesn't matter what foundation you use, until you are controlling the oiliness first. 

I use every product from The Body Shop Tea Tree line (face wash, toner, exfoliator) and then I use the neutrogena oil free salicylic acid moisturizer because I haven’t found a good moisturizer for oily skin yet 

Sephora doesn't carry it, but Giorgio Armani's Face Fabric is the best foundation I've found by far.  It feels fabulous going on, doesn't cake up, and covers well without being heavy.  Good luck!

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing