Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Foundation shade match

• Hello! I'm trying to find a color match to ANY of the foundation brands in Sephora. I match perfectly to Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless shade 102 Fair Porcelain. I want a full coverage foundation. Huda beauty foundation, both liquid and stick are too dark for me in the lightest shade Milkshake (they turn me yellow). I tried KVD Lock it liquid foundation in 44C and it also turned me yellow. Tarte Face Tape 8B and 8S were the closest I've gotten to matches but also still dark by a shade or so. Is there any foundations that are actually lighter or as light as Maybelline because I really don't like their formula

#Maybelline #foundation HUDA BEAUTY #FauxFilter Luminous Matte Foundation 100B Milkshake KVD Beauty Lock-It Full-Coverage Long-Wear Matte Liquid Foundation 

Re: Foundation shade match

Agree it would help to know what you don't like about the Fit Me. Is it the matte finish, too much or too less coverage (it's described as medium coverage), breaks up on your skin?  What type of skin (dry, oily, combo etc) do you have? All that helps to make a choice.

Sephora Find My Foundation there is an option to "Find My Shade" - you enter the shade you use in another foundation and it will give you matches but it isn't working today - I hope they are not discontinuing it. It's not perfect but can get you close then you have to trial and error or try chatting with a Sephora expert. 

Huda Milkshake is a neutral undertone; try a brand that has pink undertones. The Fit Me (allowing for possible computer monitor difference) looks cool toned. 

Some liquid foundations dry darker and some oxidize (e.g., YSL turns orange on me no matter what color), find a you-tuber who's tried pale foundations and that might help too.  Have you tried stick or cream instead of liquid? They don't usually dry down darker.

Sephora does not offer all shades available so you might have to go to a brand's website.

Last, there are foundation mixing pigments (white, red, blue etc) to mix in to the foundation to correct the color or the undertone.  There is a lot of trial and error with this, then you have to be able to reproduce it, which is hard. 

Some options to consider that have light pink undertones with different levels of coverages and finishes:

Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless

Dior Backstage Face and Body 

NARS Sheer Glow 

Dior Forever Glow or Forever Matte depending on the finish you lile

Lawless Conseal the Deal

Hourglass Stick 

good luck with your search!

Re: Foundation shade match

What don't you like about the formula of your Maybelline foundation @LexxiT ? Here are the full coverage foundations available at Sephora: https://www.sephora.com/shop/foundation-makeup?ref=filters[Coverage]=Full You can further filter out the results to get as specific to the formula you are hoping for, then from there try the shade match finder or go in store to get them swatched on you for the best match.

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing