Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Foundation separating!

Y’all lemme just elaborate on the never ending STRUGGLE that seems to be my skin. Specifically, when it comes to foundation. So, I exfoliate regularly but not too much, I use a mask 2-3 times a week, and my skin regimen is made up of products tailored to my skin type which is OILY. We’re talking oilier than the BP Oil spill, pores deeper than the Marianas Trench, and pretty bad acne. (Yeah, it’s garbage.) For makeup application (after I moisturize/use my eye cream) I use the pores no more primer by Dr.Brandt to help combat oiliness and pores. I apply the Marc Jacobs Remarcable foundation (you know, the matte as can be, full coverage as can be one) with a clean beauty blender. I bake with the Urban Decay Velvetizer. I use the Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. And somehow literally TWO HOURS INTO MY DAY my makeup has slid all over the place. I look cakey and most of the coverage is gone by that point making my skin look worse than before. I am so desperate at this point. TIPS PLEASE! 😭

Re: Foundation separating!

you need to use a mattifying primer and oil controlling foundation. i prefer the becca ever matte primer in my t zone and too faced sweet peach foundation, estee lauder double wear and or double wear light. 

I second the previous recommendation to make sure that you moisturize. I always moisturize more at night using the Drunk Elephant Lala cream and a few serums. During the day, I use the DE B Hydra gel to moisturize  which is silicone-free, dries quickly, and provides very light moisture. On the subject of silicones, I have a difficult time if I use too many products with silicone on my face. Rather than mattifying, it creates a slick surface that causes my makeup to slide off my skin. To combat this, I make sure that my primer and/or my foundation are silicone-free. Now finding a silicone-free foundation is difficult, especially a liquid one. I tried the Milk Blur Foundation and didn’t like it. I typically use a silicone-free primer instead. Right now I’m using the Smashbox Primer Water which I use until it gets too hot during the summer. During the summer, I use the Jouer Anti-blemish Matte Primer. The Too Faced Hangover Rx primer is also silicone-free but I wouldn’t recommend it for oily skin. By combining a silicone-free primer, a more matte foundation, and a good setting powder, my makeup lasts pretty well on my skin. Previously I got 30 mins-2 hrs max, depending on the foundation, before my makeup started breaking up and sliding off my face.

I have a couple suggestions. First I have had great success with the Becca Matte and Poreless primer, only use this on your T-zone though because it is very hard to blend contour and blush if you use this under. I also recommend Clinique clarifying lotion 4. This is a toner used after washing your face in the morning to control shine all day. My last thing is make sure you are moisturizing, if you use too many mattifying products without moisturizing your skin will rebel and make more oil.

RE: Re: Foundation separating!

Thanks for the product suggestions girl!! Definitely gonna try ‘em out 😊
4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing