cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Foundation for oily skin

I need some recommendations for foundations for oily skin. I've tried Revlon Combination/Oily ColorStay (that seemed to do okay, but my T-zone is awful and my nose was shiny within a couple hours) and L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24 hour foundation (that did a lot better but after about 6-8 hours my nose was shiny and needed to be blotted very badly). I also recently tried the Fenty by Rhianna foundation, but that left a yellow tone on my face where my face has a more natural pink hue to it so it looked kind of unnatural, and there weren't many color options in the fenty line. I know makeup is never permanent, but I'm hoping to find something that gets me through the work day where it doesn't feel caked on and will withstand my oily skin.

Re: Foundation for oily skin

Hi @jhaley0517,

I suggest the LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation and the COVER FX - Power Play Foundation. Both are light weight and last all day if you have oily skin. Both are not to yellow or pink under undertone and I have never had an issue with oxidizing. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@jhaley0517 At the drugstore, the Maybelline Superstay is solid gold. It stays matte for hours! It is full coverage.  I prefer Light/medium and this still allows me to achieve that just by using less product. At Sephora, Double Wear and the Too Faced Peach Perfect foundation are definitely some of my go-to’s. As far as primer, I have 2 Holy Grails; Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL and CANE + AUSTIN - Prime & Protect Mattifying Primer with Broad Spectrum SPF 50. These two keep my skin looking flawless and keeping any oils at bay. Perfect example was yesterday. I live in So Cal and went to the LA County Fair. It was 95 degrees and my makeup stayed put the 9 hours I was there. I used the Cane + Austin for some added SPF. If I wasn’t a mom, I could’ve easily went out that night withou a single touch up! 

@Anonymous I highly recommend trying Estee Lauder double wear.  That is my go-to long wearing and full coverage foundation.  I also love Too Faced Peach Perfect foundation, Maybelline Matte and Poreless (this one is very similar to double wear), smashbox studio skin foundation, and bare minerals barepro performance wear foundation.  I also set my foundation with the Too Faced Peach Perfect mattifying powder.  

try estee lauder double wear 

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing