Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

For everyone with oily skin, what’s your favorite moisturizer?

I’ve been trying to get that cute glowy skin, but I’m already so oily I’m not sure how to achieve it because my skin is always shining. How do I go from an oily glow to a cute healthy glow?

Re: For everyone with oily skin, what’s your favorite moisturizer?

the aqua gel moisturizer by belief is really good! it used to be a favorite when i had oily skin. my oily skin/excess oil production actually really calmed down when i started using better skin care (mainly chemical exfoliation and proper moisturizing) but i really liked the aqua gel even when my skin was pretty oily. korean skin care brands also have really nice hydrating toners and essences that give skin a really nice glow without being too heavy. they are good to use by themselves as the main hydration or to layer under other moisturizers or bb creams. i really like ones by hada labo, pyunkang yul, and dear klairs. hope this helps!  

Hi @Anonymous!  I have combo/oily skin and love the following moisturizers:

• Peter Thomas Roth - Water Drench Cloud
  • Caudalie's Sorbet
  • Caudalie's 3-1 Moisturizer
  • Tatcha's Water Cream

On the jojoba oil, I'm also a fan.  I don't use it often as a moisturizer but do use it daily to melt all my makeup off and then I wash it off.

i use the murad nutrient charge or oleheirichs balance control.

Ole Henricksen Balance it all face line and Becca Ever Matte are my backbone lifesavers everyday. Sometimes I use Murads oil control cream, but that always doesn't work. i like the dewy look look without the oil slicks and super shineness. These are my fallback go too's consistently!

I agree with some of the others on the Belif Aqua Bomb but I also really love the Dr. Jart+ Water Drop, Origins Ginzing, and PTR Cloud Cream; all are lightweight/gel-based so they still add hydration but won't make your skin oilier.

Hi! Oily skin, acne prone here. My ride & die is Belif aqua bomb. I use it all the time & rely on it to fix my skin when something has broken me out *cough: drunk elephant lala retro cream*. I also have really like Tat ch water cream. And I loved Dior hydra life fresh hydration Sorbert cream. It's so refreshing but does have a scent. Ive tried the laneige sleeping mask. It remained tacky & I didn't see a big difference..maybe more matte?..I would get a sample first. Hope this helps!

Hi @Anonymous,

I love Belif's The True Cream Aqua Bomb. It feels so nice on the skin, absorbs quickly and leaves your skin soft and hydrated. It also balances my skin. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Ahhh, yes. The perennial issue of hydrating oil skin. I prefer something with a lightweight texture, preferably a gel. I hate feeling the product on my skin when I’m already oily. 

I’d recommend Drunk Elephant B Hydra Gel. It is free of silicone (which I hate on my oily skin) but offers some lovely moisturization. I also love Paula’s Choice Omega Complex Serum. In the colder months when I need a bit more, I’ve recently found that Drunk Elephant’s peptide cream, while somewhat thick in texture, doesn’t feel heavy on my skin. Tatcha’s essence might be good too. It is water-light in texture and does help with hydration. Tatcha does test on animals, though. 

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: For everyone with oily skin, what’s your favorite moisturizer?

I’ve been looking at the Drunk Elephant moisturizer. I order the Tatcha one before I saw this, I didn’t know they tested on animals. 😞

I’m glad I came across your reply because I actually have both those products on my wish list. As someone who also has oily skin, it’s always nice to hear what works for other people. I’m going to have to give them a try afterall. Thanks!

Anonymous Insider

Me too! I ordered it a few days ago and I hope it ends up working.

In the mornings, I use CosRx Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion and in the evenings right now it's Freeset's Donkey Milk, but I'm also a big fan of Caudalie's Vinosource Sorbet Cream, Ole Henriksen's Sheer Transformation, and the Belif moisturizers. 

I love the Murad Mattifying Moisturizer.

RE: For everyone with oily skin, what’s your favorite moisturizer?

LOVE Fresh’s Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream! 🤞🏽💋

I have combination skin, but my T-zone stays very oily. I swear by pure jojoba oil. I'm sure the word oil is intimidating and sounds like it should probably be avoided at all costs, but jojoba oil is actually more like a liquid wax. It regulates sebum production in your face, and even on your scalp, meaning it's great for acne-prone skin as well. I use Leven Rose jojoba oil, you can buy it on Amazon or eBay for around $14 for a 4 oz bottle.

how often do you use it?

how often do you use it?
Anonymous Insider

do you think it would be ok for sensitive skin?

How funny . My friend and I were speaking about this duri...

How funny . My friend and I were speaking about this during dinner and she swears by it as well. Thanks!
19 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 19 replies
  • 12 Hearts Given
  • 16 Contributors
testing