Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Fenty Foundation Issue

Background on skin & routine: I have oily skin. I moisturize day/night. I just bought the Fenty Foundation. Loved the way it looked right after applying it. Three hours in, it’s separating. I primed my face with Benefit poreless. Applied foundation. And used my UD setting spray. The only think i didn’t do was set it with powder bc after many reviews/videos many said that might not be necessary. And now it’s separating which i have never seen with other foundations i have used. My go to foundation is the too faced Peach set. I really want to like the Fenty. Love the initial coverage and look but hoping to stop it from separating. Other than setting with powder any other ideas would be appreciated. TIA

RE: Fenty Foundation Issue

This the only foundation I use! I prime with Hourglass Mineral Veil, apply Fenty Foundation with a beauty blender and add LM translucent powder only to my t-zone on top of any concealer and set with UD de-slick setting spray. I’ve had the separating issue once or twice before and it happened when I was rushing through my routine and my skin wasn’t dry enough before applying the foundation or the beauty blender was too wet. Another time it happened when I tried applying the translucent powder as a base for the foundation (bad idea).

RE: Fenty Foundation Issue

I find that I get oily when I set my face with a setting spray. I normally bake in the areas I get the most oily and then just dust over the rest of my face and this usually lasts about 6-8 hours without touch ups. Also I use the hourglass mineral veil primer, which helps oil control.
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing