Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Facial oils

When using a facial oil do you apply before or after moisturizer? Any recommendations for someone with an oily t-zone?

Re: Facial oils

@Tina92021  I have mostly-dry combo skin; my oily zone is my nose and the area directly around it. When I use a facial oil, I usually apply it before my cream moisturizer. But I occasionally reverse the order. It’s just a personal preference thing for me. 

The exception is The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL. I just started using it last month to help reduce inflammation (doctor recommendation). A little of that oil goes a long way so, to ensure I don’t overuse it on my oily zone, I rub 1-2 drops between my hands and press it into my skin—always before I apply cream moisturizer. I also just kinda like feeling that I’m putting this particular oil directly on my skin without my cream moisturizer acting as a barrier. Not that it actually is a barrier 😄 but I dunno, it’s just a mental thing for me. This oil has a specific job to do (for me), so I think of it more as a serum than a facial oil. 

@Tina92021 It's one or the other for me, I use oil as a moisturizer. Depending on oil's thickness, some seal in everything, some absorb better before moisturizer. Really depends on how it works for you.

@Tina92021 

The lines are split on this one...I've seen advice either way 😋 

Try both ways and see if one works better for you. I never found a clear preference either way, and just wound mixing my oil with my moisturizer to save a step 😊

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing