Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Eye makeup products for oily eyelids ?

Hi there ! looking for makeup products (mascara, eyeliner) or tips and tricks you would recommend for oily eyelids ? I am constantly looking like a raccoon because my eyeliner smudges or my mascara is smearing because of my oily skin. My eyelashes are long so it smears on my undereye area. thank you !

Re: Eye makeup products for oily eyelids ?

It’s not sold here but Elizabeth motts eye primer called thank me later is effective for oily eyelids. I have oily eyelids and sweat by this product. It will have your eyeshadow lasting the entire day with no sign of oil or creasing.

I had the same problem for the longest time. I went through 100 different mascaras trying to find one that wouldn't do that. But pretty vulgar eye shadow primer came to me in my boxy charm and changed my life. And I think any primer will do as long as you use it. I tried the powder and concealer but it didn't work as well for me. 

I really like Urban Decay eyeshadow primer potion for my oily eyelids.  It works and it’s long lasting.  Two Faced eyeshadow primer is also really nice. 

RE: Eye makeup products for oily eyelids ?

Definitely recommend a eyelid primer! I personally like too faced eye primer. @chagie30

Re: RE: Eye makeup products for oily eyelids ?

@lindseyyfaye Using primer really helps oily eyelids!

Re: RE: Eye makeup products for oily eyelids ?

I agree with this!

RE: Re: RE: Eye makeup products for oily eyelids ?

It makes such a huge difference! Less creasing and makes your shadow pop!!! @tjffc

@chagie30 

Prime your lids with a primer, makes all the difference in the world NARS Pro-Prime™ Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base Original 

Hi @chagie30!

I recommend setting your eye lids with translucent powder like the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent before using eyeliners or eyeshadows to prevent transferring and smudging.

My holy grail eyeliner is the stila Stay All Day® Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner Intense Sapphire (not this color).  I used to use a pencil liner on my bottom lash line but it would always smudge so I switched to eyeshadow instead and that stays on better for me.  I use concealer and set it with translucent powder beforehand.

You can reapply the setting powder throughout the day as well.

@chagie30 @RAWRitsRED I used to use primer but now I use powder instead. I like MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Microfinishing Loose Powder Standard Size Translucent - 0.29 oz/ 8.5 g 

You only need a very light dusting. It might seem like it ruins the colour of your eye makeup upon application but the oil of your eyelids will fix that.

RE: Re: Eye makeup products for oily eyelids ?

Setting powder is a great idea too!
Conversation Stats
  • 11 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 10 Contributors
testing