Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Estée Lauder Double Wear

Help! I am struggling HARD finding a foundation my oily skin won’t break down a couple hours after I put it on. After reading lots of posts and watching a ton of videos, I decided to try Double Wear, and used it for the first time today. I will say it took a little longer then with other foundations, but it still broke down. I need your suggestions - what type of primer do you use with it? Moisturizer? Powder? Setting spray? Silicone based or no? 

I really don’t want to return it, but if I can’t get the results I’m hoping for, what other foundations have you tried? 

Re: Estée Lauder Double Wear

Hi @RacyT ,

I find with Double Wear, I have to apply it with a sponge and a really good smoothing primer like the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL. I also set it with a powder and a setting spray like the COVER FX - High Performance Setting Spray. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Hearing good things about the Veil Primer. Will have to give it a shot! Thanks for the tip. 

@RacyT I still found myself oily after using matte foundations, even with Double Wear. My solution was a really good primer. The Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL is the only primer that kept me matte. It's pricey, but there's a mini and a little goes a long way. It made a big difference. I use the original IT Cosmetics CC+ Cream Full Coverage Color Correcting Foundation with SPF 50+ Medium and that primer. They have an oil-free matte version but I haven't tried it yet.

Appreciate the tip! It’s an ongoing battle!

4 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing