Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Drunk Elephant caused acne and breakouts!

I’m glad I chose this as a free gift from Sephora cause of my birthday instead spending a lot of money on Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mLand  Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mLI expectedmore from something that seemed so promising and is supposed to “reset skin to a healthy state with a pH - balanced, unscented cleanser” which it does claim to give you a glow but it makes your skin smooth and soft when you first use it and from there on you have oily skin with clogged pores that you can see without looking closely in the mirror and when I first used it I had to whiteheads. I’m only on the second day / night of using it exactly how it says to and I have breakouts all over. If anything it’s a tube and container filled with breakouts just waiting to happen. This is my first time actually using a cleanser continuously as it says to and I’m glad it was a free sample and nothing I bought because the result I got from just those to products was oily skin, clogged pores, and breakouts. 10/10 do not recommend Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mLand Drunk Elephant Beste™ No. 9 Jelly Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL.

Re: Drunk Elephant caused acne and breakouts!

@aleann00 

What exactly do you mean - "only cleanser I've used continuously"

'Continuously' meaning what to you?

Do you regularly not use a cleanser? Or do you normally cleanse 1xday and with DE used 2xday or?

If you normally aren't cleansing, gunk is trying to be removed, but DE cleanser wouldn't cause purging (no actives) or acne, ingredient irritation is more plausible given it's only two days. Acne also takes much longer to surface, it starts within the skin much before one even sees/feels it.

After two days of use and a skin reaction like that I have to assume that, if it is the DE, you have a sensitivity to one of the ingredients.  The best thing to do is take note of the ingredients in the offending product and if in the future you have a similar reaction to something you can compare ingredient lists and narrow down what it is you’re sensitive to.  Good luck.  @aleann00 

@aleann00  I'm confused - you said the cleanser was the only one you've ever used continuously then you also said you're only on your second day of owning the products. Two days is not continuous. 

I think it's more of a coincidence that you broke out rather then DE being the cause of your break out. In any case, i'm sorry that your skin is irritated right now. 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 6 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing