Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Cleanser that works

So,I'm new to Sephora. And I'm looking for the best products that I can find in store or online. I'm looking for a cleanser for oily skin ,large pores and acne prone skin type. Please do not hesitate to mak suggestions. Thank you

Re: Cleanser that works

Hi @ybs14,

If you have oily skin, look for something that will clean your pores but will not dry out your skin so it doesn't overproduce oil. I recommend the Origins Checks and Balances™ Frothy Face Wash 5 oz/ 150 mL and the FRESH - Soy Face Cleanser.

Hi @ybs14 ,

I love the Kate Somerville EradiKate™ Daily Cleanser with Sulfur Acne Treatment 4 oz/ 120 mL. Even if you do not have acne, this cleanser kept my skin clear and helped manage my oiliness. 

I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

@ybs14 it depends on what the rest of your skincare lineup looks like! I like Kate Somerville ExfoliKate™ Cleanser Daily Foaming Wash with AHA & Enzymes 4 oz/ 118 mL which I've recently swapped for INDIE LEE - Brightening Cleanser and they perform super similarly. Both these cleansers contain AHA acids which gently exfoliate dead skin and help keep pores clean and clear and between those two they definitely help with acne.

However, there are lots of affordable AHA products, so a more gentle cleanser is possibly better since you can always use it, even f your skin gets sensitive (which AHAs can do). For a good everyday cleanser I love Biossance Squalane + Tea Tree Cleansing Gel 5.07 oz/ 150 mL or FRESH - Soy Face Cleanser (frequently offered as GWP around the holidays). And like another posted, definitely consider a oil-based or balm-y makeup remover cleanser in addition if you wear makeup everyday

For a regular cleanser, @ybs14 I'd recommend  either Philosophy Purity or First Aid Beauty facial cleanser. Both are gentle but effective. 

If you wear makeup though, I'd highly recommend using one of those as the second step to double cleansing (using an oil-based makeup remover followed by a cream cleanser). Using an oil-based makeup remover first really helps keep your pores clean, making them less likely to be clogged and helping them appear smaller. 

Oh.see  how we learn something new everyday.Im definitely going to look into the oil based cleanser.

That you so much😃

@ybs14 Hi there, you've come to the right place!! 😄 I also have oily skin and large pores, and Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml has been working great for me. I always recommend gel cleansers for folks with oily skin! 

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me.After reading the reviews I'm going to try YFTP.. .I'm excited I can't wait. AND you find any other great products for our skintype feel free to let me know. 

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 8 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing