Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Can you help me

Hi, I have oily skin, and I try my best to find a good foundation that will Stay on my face. I used to wear Stila honey 8, Which is not my shade because I could not find buff 7, which is my right shade in sephora store, so I get the honey 8 foundations and primer. and here is the rest of the products that I used Mary kay loose powder and Smashbox primer.Urban decay all night sitting spray, Huda beauty Concealer. This is all from Sephora employee suggests in the store. I need your help to find a good foundation. My face can not hold product more than an hour it becomes so shiny even though I used Matt finishing. I switched to elf putty primer also sometimes I mixed Smashbox and elf and put it on my face . then I put on the cover FX ( cover drop) way lighter than my shade after the primer and put on stila foundation sett my face with morphe mist setting spry. and it all wipe off fast and the only product staying on my face is the concler era which turn in to graish shade lol which looks weird having it on my face. it look like i have painting my face and the painting wipe off except that era which is under eye era Please I need a good foundation for oily skin that can last me more and makes me feel like it my second skin and any good product that you used

Re: Can you help me

Hi @zahraAlsager!

The first step in keeping makeup in place especially for oily skin is skincare.  We need to prep and prime our faces so we have a great "canvas" to work on.  Using the right complexion products is useless if you're using the wrong skincare products.  Oily skin actually needs a lot of hydration, needs to be exfoliated 2-3 times a week, and it's best to use a toner that is hydrating and balances skin's pH levels.

These are the skincare products I use for my oily skin:

Cetaphil cleanser for normal to oily skin (cheap at Target)

Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL 

The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% Oil Control Serum 1 oz/ 30 mL 

Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m... 

OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL 

For foundation, I've had luck with the Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 7C2 Sienna (not this color) and NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation Khartoum before they changed their formula.

These are the complexion products I use:

Tatcha Dewy Skin Favorites on the Go  (serum, mist, primer)

boscia Black Charcoal Blotting Linens 

Estée Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Foundation 6W2 Nutmeg(not this color)

Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder Translucent 

And you can never forget sunscreen with SPF and UV Protection!

I recently took a free Tatcha Masterclass and learned a few tips for oily skin.  These are some of the notes I took.

How to Make Makeup Last Long (especially for oily skin)

• Take more time with prep and skincare instead of makeup
  • Makeup only evens out the skin
  • Daniel gives celebs lipstick, blotting paper, powder before they leave and that should be all they need, they shouldn’t have to retouch if their skin was prepped right

Order of Products

Skincare, apply Liquid Silk Primer with hands, sunscreen, blot and let dry, water based foundation and concealer, blot again, The Serum Stick on high points of face, spray BB with Dewy Skin Mist and dab on high points of face for more radiance

Oily skin needs hydration

• How to get rid of milia: acids/exfoliator to break down, AHA/BHA at night
  • Skin tells you what's going on in your body: if you’re using the wrong products, bad environment, bad diet, dehydrated, etc.
  • Too many skincare products can make you oily
  • If your skin looks oily 2 hours after applying makeup, you're routine or products aren't working (skincare or complexion products are the problem or aren’t working well together)
  • Water based and Oil based products don't work well together
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
Photos8
testing