Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Can anyone recommend a good moisturizer?

Hello! In the past year or two, I've started to get a lot of acne on my face. I tried out many products but have been struggling with moisturizers. I can't seem to find the right one for my oily skin which is really oily in the summer but is dry in the winter. The only problem is, especially in the winter, as soon as I apply a moisturizer, my skin somehow automatically and immediately gets oily. Can someone please recommend a moisturizer that has worked for you if you have oily skin or just any good moisturizer? Thank you so much!

Re: Can anyone recommend a good moisturizer?

@Rose268 

Moisturizer options:

CosRX Oil-Free Moisturizing Lotion

Caudalie Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet 1.3 oz / 40 mL 

belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb 1.68 oz/ 50 mL 

Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream

OLEHENRIKSEN Sheer Transformation® Perfecting Moisturizer 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion

Kate Somerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cream 1.7 oz/ 50 mL 

@quspork Thank you!!

Hi @Rose268!

Are you using any other products besides moisturizer?

Oily skin is skin that's dehydrated so maybe that's why your dry face gets oily in the winter.  Don't forget to stay hydrated as well.  A lightweight, hydrating moisturizer might be a good choice especially for oily skin.

I use toner, treatment for acne, serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen during the day.  The combination of all these products help control oils and acne for me.

My favorite moisturizer is Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m....  It's lightweight so it's great for oily skin.  It also has hyaluronic acid which helps with hydration.

For acne, I use Sunday Riley U.F.O. Salicylic Acid BHA Acne Treatment Face Oil 1.18 oz/ 35 mL on most nights, but when I break out, I switch it for a prescribed retinol cream as spot treatment.  I also mix a drop of UFO into my foundation to help give it acne fighting power.

@RAWRitsRED Thank you so much! Also, I started a new routine lately by using the CeraVe foaming cleanser, rose water, and the Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% serum.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing