Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Biossance Cleanser - Breaking our more?! Help!

BIOSSANCE - Squalane + Tea Tree Detox Mask

I went into my local store and wanted to try a new cleanser. My skin is oily as heck and my major concern is getting rid of blackheads.

Biossance cleanser was recommended as a great cleanser to cut down on the oil and help with the blackheads.

But holy cow, now I’ve got whiteheads galore!

Is this something I need to push through? Or should I abandon ship and try something e 

Re: Biossance Cleanser - Breaking our more?! Help!

@mrsfarrow The item you tagged is a clay mask, not a cleanser. Have you been using it as a cleaner? If so, that may be your issue. Clay masks should really only be used once or twice a week and you'd need an actual cleanser for daily use. 

It’s the tea tree cleanser. It wouldn’t let me tag the cleanser itself.

@mrsfarrow Gotcha. Looking over the ingredients, this isn't an exfoliating product, so it sounds like you're having a bad reaction to it. I'd return it and grab something different. It's hard to know which ingredient you many be sensitive to, but you might want to try Philosophy Purity, First Aid Beauty Facial Cleanser, or Fresh Soy Cleanser. 

That’s what I was afraid of.

I was slightly concerned about the Tea Tree portion, but who knows if that’s what it is.

thank you!

@mrsfarrow It could be the tea tree! My skin reacts terribly to it and it actually exacerbates my acne instead of clearing it up. So sorry it didn’t work for you. 

5 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing