Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Best skincare/makeup products for EXTREMELY oily skin??

The reason I’m writing this is because I literally just finished putting power on my face maybe 15 or 20 min ago and I can already see the shine starting to show through. I think you can tell how bad of an issue my oiliness is from that. I know that balancing the pH in my skin could make it normal so if you know of any pH balancing products please share! I also would like any suggestions for good powders(that don’t have any flashback). Thanks

RE: Best skincare/makeup products for EXTREMELY oily skin??

The cover fx powder is great, it’s also talc free. For your oily skin, some things that help me is using an oil (I prefer Josie Maran 100% argon oil) but only at night because it’s super intense also your choice of face cream, I know that sounds crazy but your skin might be producing more oil if it’s thirsty. I have very oily skin but it works. Whats been working the best for me is a tinted moisturizer BB cream then setting it with powder. Also the cover fx mattifing & acne primer is awesome with prolonging my make up wear and the setting spray. For the mornings after I cleanse my skin I either use tarte’s drink of h2o GEL moisturizer and a few drops of farasalis unicorn oil, or neutrogena water gel and then the cover fx primer. You want to use a gel moisturizer because is very lightweight and fast absorbing but good strength. Hope that helps!

RE: Best skincare/makeup products for EXTREMELY oily skin??

Klairs Supple Preparation Facial Toner is pH balanced and changed the game for me! That + the Soko Glam & CosRx Triple C Lightning Liquid (20% vitamin c). I used to have so many whiteheads on my nose from the excess serum and oil and now my entire face is so smooth. I added these two into my routine at the same time and they just made all the difference.

Re: Best skincare/makeup products for EXTREMELY oily skin??

Yeah I think posting your current routine would be super helpful. I'm wondering if your skin is dehydrated and/or irritated which is causing it to produce so much oil.

Re: Best skincare/makeup products for EXTREMELY oily skin??

What's your current skincare routine, @Anonymous?

Anonymous Insider

RE: Re: Best skincare/makeup products for EXTREMELY oily skin??

In the morning I wash my face with a cvs brand cleanser for oily skin and moisturize with neutrogena oil free moisturizer. At night I wash my face with Burt’s bees orange essence cleanser and use the same moisturizer. Hope this helps

Re: RE: Re: Best skincare/makeup products for EXTREMELY oily skin??

It sounds like you'd really benefit from adding more hydrating layers or a more intensive moisture at night. Perhaps even adding something like a rose hip oil to your moisturizer in the evening. Oils are your friend! Also, I'd throw in a clay mask twice a week to help. 

6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
testing