Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Best skin care products for oily skin?

I want to control the oil on my face more been wanting to try new products that work for y'all that can help me!

Toners? Moisturizers? Cleansers? etc

Re: Best skin care products for oily skin?

Hi @ariaaana!

I have super oily skin too so it's always a struggle trying to find products that work together.

For my morning routine, I use Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml followed by Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 m....  I use a jade roller at the end (I like to leave mine in the fridge overnight so it's even colder).  And of course, you can never forget the sunscreen!  I also love the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Standard Size - 1 oz/ 30 mL since it really helps keep my face smooth and almost oil free while hiding most of my pores.  I am still struggling to find a foundation that doesn't oxidize.  Liquid foundations and oil free foundations work best.

For my night routine, I use Youth To The People Superfood Gentle Antioxidant Refillable Cleanser 8 oz / 237 ml, exfoliate using CLINIQUE Blackhead Solutions 7 Day Deep Pore Cleanse & Face Scrub 4.2 oz/ 125 mL, shower, wet my face with cold water or ice to shrink pores.  I use OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH 7% AHA Exfoliating Dark Spot Toner 6.5 oz/ 190 mL which really helps remove the oils!  It says to apply in a circular motion, but if you're just starting out or if your skin is sensitive, dabbing it is fine.  Then I use DRUNK ELEPHANT - T.L.C. Framboos™ Glycolic Resurfacing Night Serum, Youth To The People Adaptogen Deep Moisturizing Cream with Ashwagandha + Reishi 2 oz/ 60 mL or Youth To The People Superberry Hydrate + Glow Dream Night Cream + Mask with Vitamin C 2 oz / 59 ml.  Those moisturizers seem heavy for oily skin, but in combination with the OleHenriksen toner, it surprisingly works!  My face has produced less oils since I started this routine.  The last product I use is the OLEHENRIKSEN - Banana Bright Eye Crème and I use a jade roller to make sure all the moisturizers penetrate my skin.

If you're interested in the Youth to the People products, they have a sample set.  Unfortunately, it doesn't come with a toner.

YOUTH TO THE PEOPLE - The Youth Minis Kit

I hope this helps!

Re: Best skin care products for oily skin?

oh wow thank you so much for explaining your whole routine !

RE: Best skin care products for oily skin?

The Ordinary niacinamide serum
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing