cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Best shine control option to top the foundation

Hi all!

Here is my routine and it's virtually all sold at Sephora: Hourglass Veil Primer (LOVE!, Dior Airflash or Il Makiage foundation, then BareMinerals BAREPRO powder to take the shine away before I do my Hourglass bronzer and Hourglass blush (LOVE!) so it doesn't stick in the foundation, but applies neatly. I am wondering if you all do this step too? If not, do you have a solution for taking some of the moisture (BUT NOT ALL!) out of the foundation before applying bronzer and blush? FYI- my nxt steps are: eye and brow liners (Lancome liner and Smashbox for brows with brow gel, which is a great color, doesn't smear, gel is perfection but there is so little in the Smashbox tube that it bums me out), lip liner and lipstick or plumper/gloss (Too Faced Lip Injection and Buxom, both of which I love and I thank Sephora for offering in Christmas sets or I might never have tried them!!!)  Lancome mascara, (don't love it but it doesn't clump. Would like to find a new one that doesn't run or clump) Milani eye shadow base, (fab product), and Too Faced eyeshadows typically. Lastly, I use Hourglass Translucent setting powder (LOVE!) and Hourglass Veil Soft Focus Setting Powder (LOVE!) as well. When I am done, my makeup looks great, though I need to work on how to do my shadows better.  Thanks for the help ladies!

Re: Best shine control option to top the foundation

@Mel5431 I think everyone does their makeup application differently.  It's just personal preference.  I use MAC Skin refined zone only on my t zone and use a different primer for the rest of my face.  I also use MAC blot powder for my t zone and a different powder for under my eyes and the rest of my face.  You just got to find what works for you and it may take some trial and error.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing