cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Best primer for very oily skin

Hi there, 

In search of a new primer for very oily skin. Was debating between Estée Lauder shine free matte, tatcha, mineral veil or rhinna’s primer? 
I have tried ysl and Becca- (this helped but dried quckily). I wear the double wear sheer coverage and still experience oil break outs. 

Re: Best primer for very oily skin

I've had good luck with Nars Pore and Shine Control primer (ordering it again about the 4th time - but it sometimes pills under certain foundations).  I also have large pores so it's a trade off;  silicone pore-filling primers look great for an hour or two then encourage foundation to dissolve once the oil shines through. I get oily about 1.5 hrs after foundation (with setting spray and powder). I have Becca too and it works but it also shows through sheer to med foundation and  if you have to blot, it's a hot mess. I also have to use a beauty blender to apply foundation because brush won't smooth foundation over Becca. It was fine when I was using Lancome Tient de Idole - but not with my  Armani Silk Luminous and Sephora Best Skin Ever.   

I haven't tried Estee, Tacha or Fenty. Post back if those work.

Ones I've tried and don't like

- Tarte clean slate poreless (pills under foundation)

- Milk Hydro grip - helps foundation last longer but doesn't help oil control and is sticky, so blotting was an issue - but if I didn't have to blot, was impressed how it held foundation

- Hourglass Mineral Veil - didn't do a thing

-Too Faced Hangover replenishing - didn't do a thing

-all the Smashbox, didn't do a thing

-all Makeup Forever - didn't do a thing

-Sephora Beauty Amplifier - didn't do a thing

-Stila One step correct; I like it at first but then my Shiseido foundation that I used it with was as discontinued.

-Laura Mercier (forget which one) same as above

The pore filling ones that are all similar - they all dissolve with oily skin - they are great without foundation; :

- Bite Beauty Skin Optimizing Primer

- Benefit Porefessional 

- Bobbie Brown Primer Plus Matifier 

- Beauty Blender

- Dr Brandt Pores No More

- UD illuminating primer - my go to until it was discontinued - I had the best luck with blotting and it not looking like a hot mess with it.  

I'm trying Rare Beauty with the foundation too and reordering NARS before it's gets discontinued.

I use points to try primer if offered because it's so hit and miss.

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing