Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Best moisturizer for acne prone, oily skin

Hi, I’m 20 years old and I am trying to test out another moisturizer. I have recently finished my bottle of the origins original skin matte moisturizer with willow herb and I absolutely loved it except towards the end of the bottle I felt like my skin was starting to adjust to it and producing more oil. I wanted to know if there are any other great moisturizers that don’t leave your face feeling greasy after an hour+ of wearing it and also one that won’t break you out. Pls help.

Re: Best moisturizer for acne prone, oily skin

Hi @Andreaa20,

I'm an oily girl myself and am always looking for moisturizers that can keep my oiliness at bay. I really love using the Tatcha The Water Cream Oil-Free Pore Minimizing Moisturizer 1.7 oz / 50 mL or Drunk Elephant Protini™ Polypeptide Firming Refillable Moisturizer 1.69 oz/ 50 mL moisturizers before applying makeup. I find that they are both lightweight, keeps my skin moisturized, but also doesn't cause me to get more oily. It instantly sinks into the skin and gives off the refreshed feeling which is great for the days where I'm extremely tired. I hope this helps! 😉

Warmest regards,

Helen

@Andreaa20 I am 27, similar skin except mine is also sensitive. I love the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing GEL (the yellow one), especially in the winter and at night. My skin is so soft and so hydrated without looking like I bathed in oil the next day. I find it reasonably priced too!

I've been using the Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion since March and I've been loving it as well! it doesn't make my skin feel greasy. I find it more on the expensive side but I still have enough left to probably get me to the end of the year so 9 months of usage for $48 CAN is pretty good.

@Andreaa20, I have similar skin and it took me a long time to find something I love but now that I have I definitely recommend MURAD - Skin Perfecting Lotion - Blemish Prone/Oily Skin. I started using this about six months ago & ever since I've seen DRAMATIC changes in my skin! I'm way less oily and I hardly ever have breakouts anymore. Maybe it'll work for you too!

Hello @Andreaa20

I have been using ORIGINS - Zero Oil™ Oil-Free Moisture Lotion for a year now. My skin is very oily and it keeps the shine at bay for a good few hours. It moisturizes your skin and the best part is that it is lightweight! Also, it contains saw palmetto, which will help clear the skin as well.#

Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing