Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Best foundation for Super Very Oily Skin

Hi, my name is Syeni.

I´m 23 years old, I have a very oily skin, sometimes I have pimples sometimes not, but recently I discover that my skin star feeling more oily and also have a lot of pimples.

I want to ask what primer, foundation and powder will be better to my skin.

My first foundation was a MAC Studio Fix, don´t remember the tone, with a Next to nothing powder press when I do the test with my skin feel really great but after 2 o 3 hours my face was swimming in oil, very disgusting and uncomfortable.

Then I tried Clinique, I bought the 3 Step routine on the #3 that is for Mixt-Oily Skin, the routine includes a cleaning soap, a clarifying lotion and a mostourizing gel.

Then I bought the Superbalanced™ Silk Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Silk Nutmeg and the  Stay Matte Universal Blotting Powder also with the All about eyes concealer.

The thing is that my skin feel so oily always, I mean always, the coverage of the foundation starts to melt, and feel like very sticky.

For the routine of 3 steps, I like very much the cleaning soap and the clarifying lotion but the mostourizer gel don´t. 

The thing is that I want to know what is the best foundation for my skin type, and also the primer or routine, I´m thinking in Make Up forever and Kat Von Dee, but I´m opened in every recomendation you could give me

Re: Best foundation for Super Very Oily Skin

The Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Makeup Foundation is perfect for oily skin and it's full cover. The Marc Jacobs Remarcable Foundation Full Cover it's super good too, and it's so full cover that you do not need a lot of product so it will last a lot. And you can use the Murad Oil-Control Mattifier as primer!

Anonymous Insider

Re: Best foundation for Super Very Oily Skin

I agree with one of the previous comments. You also need to pay attention to your skincare routine.

As well, besides the foundation a good primer and setting powder are the perfect match for keeping under control the oil.

As a primer I would suggest you the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer.

As foundation: Estee Lauder Double Wear or the l'Oreal Infallible Pro- Matte.

As loose powder: Laura Mercier, Make Up Forever HD powder, NYX HD Definishion Finishing Powder.

You can also try to use setting spray. NYX has also a good matte one.

RE: Best foundation for Super Very Oily Skin

I have oily skin also and I have been using Smashbox primer in Light. It works wonders!
Anonymous Insider

Hey! First and foremost I think you should focus on your skincare routine. I have combination oily skin and found much success with the murad and belif lines. A solid good charcoal mask the night before have helped a lot. Now onto your actual question... my first thoughts was the kind of primer you're using and if you're setting your PRIMER before applying foundation in addition to afterwards. Primer recommendations are the Becca Ever matte priming perfector | benefit Porefessional | and skindanivia oil free bridal primer spray. Foundation is really a personal preference with your skin type and how your skin reacts to certain formulas. Personally I like the Estée Lauder Double Wear but it does oxidize a bit and it's hard to find a good color match with things that oxidize. I would also recommend the Lancôme 24 hour teint idole foundation. Again I would suggest you powder your primer before applying your foundation it really does help
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Best foundation for Super Very Oily Skin

I tried a L.A Girl primer, it was the worst decision ever, because since I started using it my skins has had a lot of break outs, now I'm so afraid of using any primer, because that even if the clinique foundation makes my skin oily it never makes my skin to break out, so I'm kind of worried of chossing a wrong primer for my skin because my order is going to be international, send to US but I'm living in Mexico, so It going to be a long trip and if it doesn't works on my skin it would be a shame for me and for my pocket, I don't have limitations on what I want to spend, but I want to be sure that my money will worth it. (Sorry for the long story).  

right now im using NARS velvet matte bb cream as my foundation & it's honestly the best i've found so far. it has great coverage and definitely keeps my face matte! i use it with the benefit matte rescue primer & urban decay all nighter setting spray. oh! and the kat von d setting powder! 😘 just some recommendations! my skin is super oily so i know the struggle of finding good products that actually work!
Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Best foundation for Super Very Oily Skin

Thank you so much, I'm hopping to get as foundation a Double Wear Maximum cover of Estee Lauder, the Velvetizer Translucent Mix and  the Urban Decay all nighter. 

And for Skin care, I'm hopping to get the Clarifying Lotion type 4, the Liquid Soap and the Moisture Surge Extended Relief because I really love Clinique.

You make me to consider the Urban Decay All nighter, and also I read a lot of good reviews. 

I'm kind having troubles on looking for a primer, because they produce me break outs and I don't want to deal with that, does your benefit matte rescue primer have make you to have break outs? Like more zits or pimples?

Thank you!

7 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing