Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Best foundation and primer for very oily skin?

Hey guys!

I was just wondering, I have had the most difficult time finding good foundation, primer, setting spray, and powder to set my really oily skin. I've tried many different kinds of combination of products and brands, and nothing seems to work. I end up being really cakey too.

Thanks for the suggestions!

RE: Best foundation and primer for very oily skin?

I️ really like Smashbox primer and I️ use Mac fix plus spray to set my foundation.

Cane+Austin primer, Fenty or Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation, Too Faced Peach Powder and Slay All Day Setting Spray. Those are my absolute go-to’s for a matte base that stays alllllllll day!!!!

Re: Best foundation and primer for very oily skin?

Estee Launder Foundation, Porefessional Primer, All Nighter Urban Decay Setting Spray and a super cheap covergirl powder!!! I actually put on setting spray first, then my primer and then a little powder (just whatever is remaining on my brush on from before) on my oiliest spots. then i do my foundation, concealer, powder and setting spray like usual. sounds like a lot but i totally recommend it because it’s the one method i foundt that actually makes me less oily and cakey! 

I also have super oily skin and have had trouble finding the right combo of primer and foundation. For me, the Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer and Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation have holy grail status. My oils still break through after a couple of hours, but I can blot throughout the day and not have to worry about the foundation separating or getting cakey. To reduce the likelihood of caking, try applying less foundation in areas where the caking happens - that should help!

I really enjoy the Marc Jacobs Re(marc)able Full Cover Foundation Concentrate. Although it is $55 it is the best that I have found for my oily skin and a little goes a long way! 

Thank you for your recommendation!

I still have not found the best primer and foundation yet for my oily skin. The best primer I have found so far would be the hourglass one, but it is very pricey. For setting spray, I like the deslick by urban decay. Also people seem to like the cover fx matte setting spray, Im gonna try that one next.

Primer- Makeup forever oil control 

Conversation Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing