cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|
Anonymous Insider

Best Skin Care Products For Oily Skin!

Hello everyone I have been battling with oily skin for quite some time now. My whole face is always oily which makes it challenging wearing makeup. I’m pretty basic when it comes to my skin care routine. I have tried so many different skin care products to help control my oily face. I also would like a good product that targets minimizing pores as well. I currently use Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control Foam Wash & Cetaphil Pro Dermacontrol Oil Moisturizer With SPF30. I use Thayer’s Rose Water Facial Toner. When I use the foam wash I notice a difference instantly as far as controlling the oil but when I apply the moisturizer which is a pea size amount I notice after 15-20 minutes I’m back shiny and looking like I’m ready to get some fried chicken fried on my face 🤦🏾‍♀️ 😂 I did one research on a product called OLEHENRIKSEN Cold Plunge Pore Mask. It cost a pretty penny so I’m a little on the fence about purchasing but I’ve read really good reviews on it off the Sephora website and a lot of the customers that left rave reviews have oily skin as well. So I’m going to give it a try. I use Jason’s Vitamin E Oil at night as well. I suffer from uneven skin tone as well but I’ve found a seller on Etsy that I think I’m going to try as far as achieving a even skin time complexion. If I can find a good cleanser, a scrub, and a primer I will be so happy. Thanks everyone in advance 🤗 and I hope everyone is staying safe during the pandemic. 💋 

Re: Best Skin Care Products For Oily Skin!

@Anonymous 

Double cleansing has been great for me for balancing my oil production, so maybe give this a try. 😉

I also found that keeping your face hydrated & using more gentle skincare without drying alcohols etc. has improved things for me. Many oil controlling products or products targeted at oily skin are rather drying imo, which is contra-productive because they cause your skin to compensate with producing more oil. 

The Ole mask seems to be a clay mask - but it has peppermint oil in it, which can potentially be irritating. I would guess a normal clay mask would do the job just as well - but that is up to you.

If you suffer from uneven skin as well, I think a chemical exfoliator would be a good addition. I recently started using the GlowRecipe toner & think it is great. It is more gentle & hydrating - so maybe worth considering. 😉

Re: Best Skin Care Products For Oily Skin!

@DimplezDior I'd definitely advise working in more hydrating products and not focusing on too many "oil control" items in one routine. That can often lead to an overproduction of oil. For gentle cleansers that won't dry you out, I'd check out PHILOSOPHY - Purity Made Simple Cleanser or  First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL. I think my current favorite scrub is the VOLITION BEAUTY - Turmeric Brightening Polish but I wouldn't recommend using it more than maybe twice a week. Smashbox and Becca both have a good range of primers. If you're going to stick with the Oil Control Moisturizer, I'd recommend NOT doing one of the mattifying ones though. My personal favorite is BECCA COSMETICS - Backlight Priming Filter Face Primer. 

2 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing