Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

Best Oil Cleanser for Oily skin?

Hi! I have recently started breaking out and see that I've got uneven texture on my forehead. My forehead has these very small bumps on them and I want to start double cleansing but I'm not sure what oil cleanser to try for my oily skin. Does anyone have any suggestions? My skin can sometimes be a little reactive but not all the time.

Re: Best Oil Cleanser for Oily skin?

As far as oil cleansers, my favorite is the Shiseido Perfect Cleansing Oil w/ Grape Seed Oil 6 oz/ 180 mL @kiara717. The CLINIQUE Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm Makeup Remover  (and also in liquid oil form) as well as The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Light Cleansing Oil are both good options as well. 

But oil cleansing likely won't help the clogged pores. For that, I'd consider adding a BHA treatment to your routine, depending on what products you're already using. For BHA, Paula's Choice is probably the most popular choice but there are also solid options from CosRx, Stridex, The Inkey List, and SEPHORA COLLECTION Clarifying Peel Pads 60 Pads 

@kiara717 - If you started breaking out just recently, I'd consider if anything in your routine has changed. There may be a product that you are using that is causing the breakouts. If the area is limited to your forehead, consider any changes in haircare or hairstyling products as well, as those can often be the culprit for breakouts on the forehead.

Thank you!! @WiscyKristi 

That's great advice! I haven't changed anything in my skincare routine at least not that I can recall but as for hairstyling products I don't really use any. I've had the bumps for a long time now but I'm just not sure how to get rid of them. I might need to exfoliate more consistently that could be a cause too? 

@kiara717 , So, I actually have combo oily skin, and it has been oily or combo/oily for as long as I can remember. I have tried the oil cleansers. I ended up going back to a more gentle cleanser like the Philosophy Purity cleanser. If my face actually feels greasy-oily, I'll go in with a mild exfoliating cleanser like the Tatcha The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder or Dermalogica Mini Daily Microfoliant Exfoliator 0.45 oz/ 13 g . Then I use (and would recommend) a toner to remove any residual dirt and oil, or residue from the cleanser that may not have gotten rinsed off. The toner will also helps to clear away dead skin cells, which can clog pores and cause or exacerbate breakouts. Something like the OLEHENRIKSEN Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner 6.5 oz/ 193 mL  or OLEHENRIKSEN Glow2OH 7% AHA Exfoliating Dark Spot Toner 2.2 oz/ 65 mL  usually works well for my skin. From there, you could probably just use an over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid spot treatment, like CLINIQUE Acne Solutions™ Clinical Clearing Gel 1 oz/ 30 mL  on the bumps on your forehead. I'd recommend a moisturizer like Jack Black Clean Break™ Oil-Free Moisturizer 3.3 oz/ 98 mL or Caudalie Vinosource-Hydra Moisturizing Sorbet 1.3 oz/ 40 mL to add moisture, while keeping oil in check.

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing