Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Best Foundation Setting Method

Hello everyone ! So I’ve been feeling very hopeless I’ve tried just about everything and as of now I’m pretty content with my foundation and primer but I’ve noticing that when it is time to set the foundation things start to look cakey and even more so because my oils start to peak through . I have extremely oily skin but my main problem that’s been frustrating lately is this setting issue . I’ve tried baking, setting with a powder puff, a big fluffy brush but it is the same outcome . I just want to be able to set my makeup smoothly while controlling my oils. Ps. I’ve been using Airspun Translucent . Thank you!

Best Foundation Setting Method

Instead of spraying setting spray directly on your face, try spraying it on a beautyblender and patting down your foundation.
Anonymous Insider

RE: Best Foundation Setting Method

Here’s is my routine, not only setting because for me prepping is essential, hope it helps. Moisturizers and primers combined are a no go for me, either one or the other but never both. The only primer that I like is NYx angel veil. I find that leaving my primer to dry completely and then applying powder with a damp sponge helps with oil control (Jackie Aina taught me). The thing with that method is if you’re not careful, you can easily look cakey. Put enough powder that it helps setting the primer but not so much that your foundation sits on top of it. Also, I’ve tried a lot of setting sprays and I always go back to Urban Decay deslick or all nighter. I usually spray 4 times max and let it air dry because when i press it with a sponge it moves my foundation around. Hope it helps.

Sounds awesome I will definitely try that method ! I’ve heard so much about the urban decay setting sprays , which one would you recommend better for oily skin the deslick or allnighter?
Anonymous Insider

@cyyynnnrod at first I loved all nighter but then I ran out and went to purchase deslick which I hated for the first two months (I was using it with Estée laudee double wear) but now that i use it with fenty beauty foundation I love it. So I’d say honestly it can depend on your foundation , the ingredients might not mix well

Re: Best Foundation Setting Method

@cyyynnnrod I set my foundation using my damp beauty blender.  I dab my sponge in the powder then press it into my skin.  After I'm all done with my face, I use a setting spray. 

RE: Re: Best Foundation Setting Method

I will try that ! Which powder do you use?
6 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing