Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin
|

Anyone know of any good moisturizers?

Hello my oily skin peps! I am on the hunt for something light weight to hydrate my extremely oil skin. I'd prefer it to be a moisturizer specifically without spf so I can use it day or night. I am extremely oily on my entire face and my skin lacks moisture. I've tried drug store brands and countless others from Sephora and Ulta. Nothing seems to balance out my skin. I'm either left feeling "thirsty" or like an oil slick. (I drink plenty of water). I've tried oils and a few essences. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Re: Anyone know of any good moisturizers?

@Goober94 I love the Glow Recipe watermelon pink juice moisturizer. It’s lightweight and absorbs easily and quickly. It also has a nice smell to it! I would also recommend the Glow recipe watermelon overnight mask. Both help my oily skin during the winter and don’t cause any breakouts! 

Anyone know of any good moisturizers?

I like First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Oil-Free Mattifying Gel. Don't let the name fool you, it is a moisturizer that provides both hydration & oil control.

My super-oily skin needs hydration without emollients  - so most moisturizers are out for me.  I've been using Vichy Mineral 89 at night (it's a clear gel, mostly thermal water and sodium haluronate) - I don't even need to moisturize in the am. I probably overappy at night, it's a bit sticky at first until it soaks in.  I was so skeptical this would do anything for my skin but now I used it nightly.

I also recommend Vichy Mineral 89. I love that there aren't many ingredients and it feels nice. It pulls moisture from the air so it may not be great if you live in a dry climate.

@Goober94 I highly rec CeraVe PM 🙂

I actually really love CeraVe. I use their face wash for...

I actually really love CeraVe. I use their face wash for oily skin. I've tried a few of their other products too. How is that different that their Daily Moisturizing Lotion? I am currently using that but it doesn't seem to cut it.

Hi @Goober94,

I am a big fan of the BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomband the Kate Somerville Wrinkle Warrior™ 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer + Hyaluronic Serum 1.7 oz/ 50 mL. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Thank you!

Thank you!

@Goober94 

You might consider BELIF - The True Cream Aqua Bomb or DR. JART+ - Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer. The texture on both of these moisturizers are light, have a gel-cream texture and hydrate the skin quite nicely. 

Thank you!

Thank you!

@Goober94

I'd recommend going with a moisturizing gel like CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel 4.2 oz Pump/ 125 mL

As opposed to a cream. Creams tend to be heavier then gels. The above clinique one was made for oily skin.

Thank you!

Thank you!
12 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 17 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
testing