Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oily Skin

An overly oily skin glow

Hi, I've been using the Milk hydrogrip primer, for a while and I love how it feels. However I find that after a few hours my faces gets really oily. I don't use translucent powder, because for a while I had really dry skin from my acne medication. I find that I'm mostly oily in my cheek, upper lip and chin area. Any suggestions on how to have more oil control ?

Re: An overly oily skin glow

@TamiamiaaaaSomething that really helped my oily areas (which always got especially bad with makeup) was adding a more hydrating skincare step- so adding back water/water retaining elements to your skin vs. just another lotion/moisturizer. Maybe give THE ORDINARY - Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 or the buffet serum a shot? I use Drunk Elephant's hydrating serum but there's no need to spend that kind of $, just apply a few drops of the serum right after toner/ while you face is still lightly damp from washing before your moisturizer.

I personally have never had good luck with mattifying primers, but I do love HOURGLASS - Ambient® Lighting Powder and LAURA MERCIER - Translucent Loose Setting Powder but Fenty also has some great options in a larger shade range. Mostly I would suggest trying to get some samples from a store and see what works best for you if possible 😊

Hi @Tamiamiaaaa ,

I would use the BECCA - Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector in your more oily areas. This primer is great for oil control and really mattifies the skin all day. I hope this helps! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

An overly oily skin glow

I've tried mixing Urban Decay's The Velvetizer powder with my foundation as in the instructions and while I thought this was a strange idea at first it helped my foundation stay matte longer. I also use it to set before I bake.

@Tamiamiaaaa  I would suggest trying a more mattifying primer OR setting your t-zone with powder afterwards to prevent the oils from peeking through. You don't have to set your entire face if you feel the rest is on the drier side but if you get oily on your t-zone, then definitely start powdering that section.

Here are some of my favorite mattifying primers as well:

BECCA - Ever-Matte Poreless Priming Perfector

TOO FACED - Primed & Peachy Cooling Matte Perfecting Primer – Peaches and Cream Collection

Dr. Brandt Skincare pores no more® pore refiner primer 1 oz

Thanks !

Thanks !
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 5 Contributors
Photos1
testing