cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

What's New On The Site Today, Canada?

Ladies (and gentlemen!)

Since Canada seems to be getting different/fewer brands added to the website, and any cross-border new releases seem to be several days to weeks later than US releases, I thought we could use our own 'what's new/found in the wild' post.

Please feel free to share any new products/brands you find on the Canadian site!

Tags:

Re: What's New On The Site Today, Canada?

So the new Charlotte Tilbury holiday items are up BUT the prices are higher than the Canadian CT website...These are new products so not sure why...

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/instant-look-in-a-face-eye-palette-P451730

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/starry-eyes-to-hypnotize-eyeshadow-palette-P450071

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/filmstar-bronze-glow-contour-duo-with-brush-P452807

Anyone know if CT website purchases incurs duty or if the listed CDN price is all we will pay. I see that they included tax.

Sephora also charges more than other Canadian retailers for several brands. I was shocked to see that my favorite DevaCurl product is 8$ more at Sephora than at the Bay. 

@nche, Holt Renfrew has the same pricing for CT's holiday collection as on CT Canada's website. I don't know whay Sephora Canada is pricing some products higher than the retailers above. (Holts has a 10% discount on beauty right now.)

@KatieBT, would you look into Sephora Canada's pricing for CT's Instant Look In a Palette ($10 more), Filmstar Bronze and Glow Set, Luxury Palette of Pops (Celestial Eyes and Pillow Talk), and Advent Calendar that are priced higher than other retailers, including CT Canada? I also noticed that Sephora Canada has a higher price for CT's Glowgasm Face Palette than CT Canada's website. With the exception of the Instant Face In a Palette, it looks like there may have been a price increase on Sephora Canada's site that other retailers have not adopted.

@TraceyEB @KatieBT Just want to add that the Charlotte Tilbury palette is $85 in stores in Canada (I saw it at Yorkdale this past weekend). If Sephora wants to charge more I get it but I don't know if its right to have different prices. Also not sure how legal that is without a disclaimer. 

@nche, thanks for letting us know. It looks like an error, to me. @KatieBT 

@TraceyEB Thank you, I forgot about Holts. I work close by and will go there today on my lunch hour. 15% off in stores will be pretty good. 

As an aside, I am old enough to remember when Holt Renfrew had zero sales except for the random crap no one wanted at end of season. With online shopping, Nordstrom, Saks and Sephora, even Holts is doing sales now. 

@nche, hope you were able to get the items you were looking for! I, too, remember the days when Holts didn't have sales. 🙂

@fatimamummy @Asche 

Thanks for sharing your first hand experience! Guess I'll just buy it from the CT site directly. 

@nche If you buy it with 20%off code you can still save a few extra bucks through Sephora though it doesn’t justify higher prices at Sephora.

@nche  CT site charges tax at checkout and that is all you have to pay. I have ordered from them many times and never been charged duties.

@nche I just ordered a few things from the CT website this past week and did not pay anything more than what was listed at the online checkout. No duty or anything like that.

The only odd thing about the experience was that I never got a shipping notification. The parcel just showed up at my doorstep unexpectedly, delivered by UPS. 

I am so baffled as to why the prices on the CT site are less than at Sephora. CT also offers free shipping, so there is really no incentive to purchase her products from Sephora. 🤷 

Did anyone say CT pillowtalk eyeshadow quad? 

Also nars holiday eyeshadow/cheek (been up a while for cheek tho) palette :3 I hope to see more swatches up soon 

I did pick up the Pillow Talk quad (not the pops quad) right after I posted a reply to you last week. I got it on Friday and it is nice, but small!! I could not believe it cost me 70 dollars!!! The entire quad is the size of the palm of my hand. I thought for that amount of cash the pans would be on the bigger side. No such luck! After seeing that, I don't know if I will bother with anything else from CT. For everyones' information, there is a HUGE difference between the eyeshadow quad and the pops quad. The pops is just shimmer/sparkle toppers and not the actual shadows. I have seen that ALOT of people have bought the pops and expected them to be shadows and they are not.

Oops superb lste reply but yes!! I swatched them in store and I’ve never touched a CT product haha so I was surprised until I saw some reviews talking about “pop”... but while I think the pink shade is so so pretty I can’t justify this price knowing that’s I wouldn’t use the other shades 😫

@kel70  I think CT expects people to be familiar with her terminology, but most people are not. 

in all her quads on the back, the shades are marked as ‘prime, enhance, smoke, pop’ and the pop shade is always a pressed glitter or metallic shade.

therefore palette ‘of pops’ is nothing but that kind of formula.

i bought the 2 last year and they’re pretty and sparkly but next to no pigmentation so you don’t see much difference between shades 

Yes and that is the issue. Most people who are not familiar with CT products don't know and a lot of them bought the POPS quad and the big complaint was the pigmentation issue. Fortunately for me, I had researched the Pillow Talk line and came across a YT video that explained the difference. I did have the POPS in my cart for a few days (more like hours, I think) but before I checked out, I saw the video.

Yes!! Isn't it fabulous? I ordered the lip kit (matte lipstick, gloss and liner) from CT website and am now tempted to buy the shadow. It is super pricey though, so I am kind of debating, but I know I will cave and just get it. Right now I have a 10% off code from CT, so It will be $63.00 instead of $70, but I will have to pay shipping I think. They have it in a high shimmer/glitter quad and also a more muted matte/shimmer quad. I will be getting the muted quad. She has some really lovely shades of shadows and I want them, but it is hard to justify $70.00 for four shades when I can get an entire 12 shade palette for much less from so many other brands. But I just love the pillow talk quad !!

3,649 Replies
testing