cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

What's New On The Site Today, Canada?

Ladies (and gentlemen!)

Since Canada seems to be getting different/fewer brands added to the website, and any cross-border new releases seem to be several days to weeks later than US releases, I thought we could use our own 'what's new/found in the wild' post.

Please feel free to share any new products/brands you find on the Canadian site!

Tags:

Re: What's New On The Site Today, Canada?

Im sorry but i can never pay over $9.99 for anything covergirl. Wow thats high for the palette! Sdm is generally higher markup so i wait for their weekend 2day sales lol. 

Me too. It's so sad...I'm trying to stop myself from just binge-buying everything in fear that prices will keep going up. Ugh. 😞

Same! I feel like Canadians are at a point where you almost want to hoard things in fear of everything costing way more and the poor economy just makes you think that perhaps for pricing the sky's the limit!!! Hoard now or be sad later on for missing out lol..I'm trying not to do this though =/ (low buy/no buy this year for me!)...

I wouldn't be surprised if that happens for some. The problem will be when the dollar goes up and the prices remain at a high price anyways.

I know and now that some of the prices are already up I guess the not so important things will have to wait for the sale. Already some palettes like the UD gwen are $15 more than u.s so I cant imagine how much more they could increase it to bfor its absurd. I guess fav skincare items are worth picking up asap though. 

I hear you, I was checking TataHarper stuff, I use the regenerating cleanser & Resurfacing mask, they are up by 11-13$. Cant bear to see the tiny container of mask is 80 now from 69, such a huge leap 😞

Wow that is quite a jump 😞

Swatches of some other comparable highlighters for jeannie: 

top to bottom

Becca Pearl - very shimmery with a strong white base

Burberry Lace in White - also shimmery with a sheerer base

Chanel Pearles et Fantasies - mixed shades so there's more pink, less shimmer

dior Glowing Pink - more punk, fine shimmer 

Tom Ford Moodlight - more yellow, fine shimmer 

image.jpeg

Thank you for the time you took to do this!

I guess I like the Burberry, but the cost is so much more than the Becca.  They are both so nice though!!

They are both nice! I love all of the above highlighters and use them all. Forgot to swatch my KA ones though.

Burberry + Becca are the most frosted/shimmery. They're also the lightest and most white. Texture is similar (a nice, fine powder). Cost is there, but I'd say I probably prefer Burberry... the Becca is noticeably white, although it blends very well. I think I just prefer the packaging and lace of the Burberry. 

I think Chanel is the most "natural" looking as it's a less noticeable sheen. 

But... you can't really go wrong with any of them 🙂 

Thanks! I can't decide which colour to get!

I've been waiting for this!

Can anyone compare the Burberry White to Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Pearl? Which one is more natural looking?

Or is the Burberry more similar to Becca's Poured, in terms of texture?

Anyone know?  🙂

Temptalia has a comparison also. I ended up going with gold since I have 3 of the highlighters similar to the white Burberry 😕

I have both, so I can post some comparison swatches tonight.

But the Burberry is definitely a powder, so it's closer to Pressed than Poured.

Thank you!

The Burberry powder seems so creamy, if that's possible, for a powder, which is why I was wondering.

When you have a chance, tell me if you prefer one over the other and is one more natural looking.  Again, thanks so much!

The new Bite Amuse Bouche are up for Rouge:

http://www.sephora.com/amuse-bouche-lipstick-P405057?skuId=1796689

There is a new brand called invisibobble showing up

http://www.sephora.com/invisibobble

1 Reply
testing