cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

What's New On The Site Today, Canada?

Ladies (and gentlemen!)

Since Canada seems to be getting different/fewer brands added to the website, and any cross-border new releases seem to be several days to weeks later than US releases, I thought we could use our own 'what's new/found in the wild' post.

Please feel free to share any new products/brands you find on the Canadian site!

Tags:

Re: What's New On The Site Today, Canada?

http://www.sephora.com/lazy-sunday-morning-discovery-set-P402901?skuId=1761519

I wish I could have the Lazy Sunday Morning full size... that is my favorite scent

So ladies, I got my first shipment from NYX Canada. It came in the most flimsy box ever. I will update with pics. And my shadow in Bedroom Eyes (super hyped online) was completely shattered. Hope they replace it or refund me. 

I had also accidentally ordered the wrong shade of bronzer and I called to change that over a week ago and they said no-can-do!! So far haven't had the greatest luck with them so not that happy =/

Oh also got my Shaft of Gold (MAC highlight) from The Bay with no extra cushioning for it. The small MAC box was open to and looked like it was thrown around a lot to the point the box looked like the blue colour was coming off. So surprised my highlight didn't come shattered!! Bad shipment stories for today that's for sure!!!! Not too pleased at all!!!

The bay has the WORST packaging. I always feel nervous ordering from them. My last order was the becca afterglow palette and it came in an envelope with no paper or anything to protect it- it of course arrived completely smashed and it was sold out with nowhere else to get it in Canada. The refunded me but it was still so aggravating- like someone couldn't take a second to wrap it in some bubble wrap?

OMG wow! That's pretty awful! What a waste of time, money, and well brains lol. Why is no one thinking when they are packing anything- I live in Canada too and ordered the Afterglow palette and so far they sent out the 3 samples which makes me think they don't have the palette and if they did by chance I hope they don't send it in an envelope! Only one time did I ever get amazing packaging- for one lipstick -_- Ya! You got it lol one lipstick and it was packaged so well. That was the only one time my stuff was packed right and after that it has been downhill from packing it well to absolutely nothing and tossing my stuff around =(. So sad. Why sell cosmetics if you can't manage them properly?

Totally agree- most cosmetics are a bit fragile and all it takes is some paper or something and you have a happy customer and less hassle for the company when they have fewer returns.

Don't worry yet about your palette, I'm sure you will get it. I've gotten samples shipped separately a few times and always received what I ordered eventually, I think they just ship the samples from a warehouse while some items ship from stores. I don't even bother adding samples anymore for this reason, its a bit of a waste.

Oh okay! Thanks! So maybe there's still hope. I wrote it off as me not getting it at all lol. Can't help but feel negative with the shipping experiences. Ya samples are a waste then haha are they going to send me a huge box with samples in it? I bet they will and that too with packing paper!! hahaha

Sorry to hear your palette eas broken. Mine came in a huge box with very little paper but luckily it was safe.

Glad to hear you got yours intact! Its a pretty palette!

Wow congrats lol. I almost feel like you're supposed to hold your breath before opening a package from them and when everything's good let out a sigh of relief!

I hate the bay's packaging. I ordered delicate dishes for a wedding gift, and they arrived in a too big of a box with not enough cushioning.  Half were broken. The worst! 

Yes! At times they use the biggest of boxes with so much packaging and sometimes they put nothing at all and let your item get thrown around! Not very happy. But it's so hard as a Canadian to get anything you want, and when you find something it happens to be from The Bay and you are supposed to cross your fingers I guess?!?! That's horrible what they did with your dishes- first they pay so much to get it shipped and all to them from the manufacturer and then they pay their workers in the warehouse and ship it off to the customer in the worst packaging (almost seems like on purpose) so you can call them back and they can go through the whole process all over!! Just makes no sense to me -mini rant- I feel like there's always something up with their shipping and it sucks!

That really sucks about your NYX order 😞

I hear you about the Bay... When I ordered the Nars dead of summer palette it arrived (only that) in the largest box (about 3 ft by 2 ft) and there was no paper/bubble wrap in it. When I picked up the box and it was just banging around inside! The guy at the post office even said "huh, why such a big box it sounds like there's a pencil in there!" Anyway I tore it open when I got home, convinced it would be shattered but luckily it was not. Still though... horrible packaging!

Thanks for understanding. It really does suck. I don't even know if NYX will do anything about it. I will call tomorrow and see. I am usually afraid of my LO coming around my packages ready to break things but he never does- instead it's the companies I order from that don't do a proper job of packaging items lol.

WOW- that's all I can say. I don't even know what to say for The Bay's packaging anymore. Why does a person have to pay money and then hope for the best? Like we didn't win the lottery (well most of us lol) and it's hard-earned cash we are paying them. The least they could do is throw in some bubble wrap no? Or am I too demanding haha

haha no I think that's the least they could do! or at least pack them in much smaller boxes!!

I'm gonna post this on the news thread too...but I saw my downtown SDM put out the Stila Baci/Beso/Ricco mini liquid lippies!

Ahhh, need! Any idea how much they cost 🙂

$26

I am not sure if it was posted earlier so here are a few finds.

http://www.sephora.com/discovery-kit-P400611?skuId=1761840

Laneige trial kit is OOS at the moment but it is up on Canadian site.

http://www.sephora.com/hydration-trial-kit-P399804?icid2=JustArrived_toplevel_CAN_skugrid_P399804_im...

I could be wrong but I think this PTR Mask set wasnèt on Canadian site. I wish they bring the smallest one for us too

http://www.sephora.com/mask-a-holic-kit-P402962?skuId=1763861&icid2=homepage_justarrived_ca_102015_c...

And I don't know why the images are not showing 😞 There are a bunch of new things but I am having problem loading the links with images.

testing