Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oh, Canada!

The Canadian Peeps! Deals, News, Events & Whatever!!!

~ Updated May 1st 2018 ~

A place for the Canadian peeps to post deal, events, news and anything beauty related!

LINKS TO OTHER CANADIAN BT THREADS

What's new on the Canadian site today

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/td-p/2164948

Promo codes for Canadians

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Active-Canadian-Promo-Codes-3/m-p/2882245#M96876

Sephora Canada Site Product Update Thread - NEW THREAD

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Oh-Canada/Sephora-Canada-Site-Product-Update-Thread/m-p/3936771#M15...

WHERE TO SHOP IN CANADA

Canadian Retailers

Spoiler

Chapters (online)
Clementine Fields (online)
Deciem (online + TO stores)

Devu Cosmetics (online)
ecodivabeauty.CA (online)

eskincarestore (online)
Etiket (online + MTL store)
Fresh Faced (online)

ftbbeauty.ca (online)

Green & Pure Organic Beauty (online)

Harlow & Co (online)

Holt Renfrew (online + stores)

Lilou Organics (online)

Murale (store only a few)

Nail Polish Canada (online)

Nordstrom (stores + ships free from counters / online ships from US)
Nuciya (online)

Obsessedcanada (online) (division of NPC)

Orabel.ca (online)
Petal and Post (online)

Sask (stores / online ships free from US)

Scarlet & Julia (online)

SDM/Beauty Boutique (online + stores)

Sephora (online + stores)
Socialite Beauty (online)

Terra 20 (online + store Ottawa)

The Bay (online + stores)

The Detox Market (online + store Toronto)
The Green Jungle Beauty Shop (online)
Well.ca (online)

Brands that ship to Canada

Spoiler

ABH (US)
Bare Foot Venus (CA)
Bare Minerals (US)
Belief (belifcanada(dot)com)

Bobbi Brown (CA)

Charlotte Tilbury

Colourpop (US)
Cover Fx (CA)

Illamasqua (expensive)

Jo Malone (CA)

Jouer (US)

Lancome

Lit Cosmetics (ships from Canada uses US currency)

MAC (CA)
Mahalo skin care (now has a Canadian warehouse)

Makeup Geek (US)

Melt Cosmetics (US)

NARS

Natasha Denona

NYX

Pat McGrath Labs (US)
Smashbox

Sugarpill (US)

Suva Beauty (ships from Canada uses US currency)
Tacha (US)

Tarte (CA)

Too Faced (US)

Urban Decay (US)
YSL

Online retailers that ship to Canada

Spoiler

(* = high shipping)
Alyaka
Barney's*
Bath & Unwind
Beauty Bay
Beautylish

Cultbeauty.co.uk
Frends Beauty
Harrods*
Lookfantastic

Muse Beauty Pro
Naimies
Neiman Marcus*
Selfridges*
SpaceNK UK (Ship £5. Free over £100)
Tambeauty
Ulta*

Tags (2)

Re: The Canadian Peeps! Deals, News, Events & Whatever!!!

@nche  Omg Murale! Now there’s a blast from the past. Do those even exist anymore??

@nche There’s been one open for months already in Oakville, Ontario. It’s never busy. 

@GG84 Thanks for the correction. I never go to Oakville so wouldn’t have known. Even don mills is a stretch for me. The ad definitely implied it’s the first one but maybe I misread and they meant in Toronto. 

Has anyone had a good experience ordering from saks online? I'm feeling very frustrated with them, the first time I ordered I had an item arrive broken. Instead of re-shipping it they were only able to give me a refund... which would have been fine if they didn't have a $100 minimum for free shipping. Through that seems to be a ruse because I just tried to make a $106 order and shipping isn't coming off 🙄

@pickles48 Very generally speaking I haven’t had great experiences with Saks. These days I find the majority of the things I’d want to buy from them are marked ‘cannot ship to Canada’ and in the past I’ve found their website incredibly glitchy and hard to order from. Plus in the past I found them incredibly wasteful; shipping a 3 or 4 item order in 3 or 4 separate boxes. Plus when I’ve bought non-cosmetics items like clothing it’s been a real hassle trying to do a return through Borderfree because their CS doesn’t understand the outside of US process.

There’s usually a free shipping promo code active so that might help.

@Mochapjcompletely agree about the glichy website! For some reason it keeps saying my password isn't correct even though it's saved on the website?? Very strange. Have you been able to get a free shipping code to work in canada? Whenever I've tried it only takes off shipping for a US address (also annoying). Just curious what websites do you prefer for brands not sold at sephora?

@pickles48 I have the password issue ALL the time! And before it used to just tell me I didn't even have an account, even when I had placed multiple orders in the past. They really make it difficult to spend your money there, LOL.

It depends on the brands of course; for natural beauty stuff I tend to shop at Detox Market or Green Jungle. For higher end stuff I will go through Barneys, Selfridges, Beautylish or occasionally Neimans (although NM has it's own challenges if you use a CDN billing address) Some of the more indie/niche brands can be found at stores like Gee Beauty or Jacob & Sebastian.

@Mochapj  completely agree! Saks the only retailer i've experienced the password issue with so you would think they would have fixed it by now! How are duties with barneys/selfridges/NM? Duties are really the main reason why I even (try to) order from saks in the first place

@pickles48 for Barneys I believe there is a certain $ spend and then duties are covered by them. Usually I won't shop for beauty unless I'm also ordering clothing because I think the 'free' duties price is like $3-400.

Selfridges is one of those sites that displays duties at time of checkout so you never have to pay anything else once it arrives. For most beauty items, I've found that due to their poor exchange rate they end up costing less than if I would have bought them from the US, even with duties added in. Plus they ship with DHL so I usually have my orders 1-2 days after I place them.

thanks so much @Mochapj i'll definitely keep those in mind for future!

Lancome. Valid until May 25 at 3:00EST

SDMScreenshot_20190519_143929.jpg

mail.jpg

mail.jpg

My local SDM Beauty Boutique was taking pre-orders for Chanel's Cruise and Les Beiges collections, which are launching there on May 3. The launch date for Les Beiges was delayed, so the two collections are launching at the same time. I left some first impressions about testing products from the Cruise collection under the Chanel thread.

Etiket's online boutique has a new Natural Box for Earth Day

Contents in spoiler

Spoiler

his special edition natural beauty box has 14 products including five full size, all carefully selected to let you experience natural beauty by Etiket (value of more than $300)!

What's Inside? 

ABEL Set of 3 samples: Cobalt Amber, Green Cedar, Golden Neroli 3 X 1.8 ml
BATHORIUM Ancient Oat Crush 120g
CONSONANT Organic Foaming Face Wash 125 ml
HUNA APOTHECARY Revitalize Age-Grace Face Serum 30 ml
ILIA BEAUTY True Skin Radiant Priming Serum 4.5 ml 
LEBON Le White Toothpaste – Sweet Moroccan Mint with Green Tea 12 ml
LOVEFRESH Grapefruit Deodorant Stick – Pamplemousse 3.6oz
NUORI Vital Foaming Cleanser 100ml
OMORPHOLOGY Be Bright - Dry Sheet Mask
PAI SKINCARE Rosehip BioRegenerate Oil 10 ml
RAHUA Hydrating Shampoo 60ml
RAHUA Hydrating Conditioner 60ml
TATA HARPER Hydrating Floral Mask 7.5 ml
ZENOLOGY Citrus Nobilis|Mandarin Green Tea Ambiance Spray 50 ml

+

An exclusive Etiket reusable cotton bag

Total Value of the box: $300+

etiket natural box.JPG

RE: The Canadian Peeps! Deals, News, Events & Whatever!!!

Has anyone had the experience of having an online return refused at a SDM store? I had my invoice and had discarded my shipping label because I thought I could return it in store. The store in my hood didn't carry the product and I didn't bring the mailing label so they could use it to return it.. they refused to accept my return because they'd have to incur shipping costs...and it says nothing about this on return instructions. They recommended other stores that might carry the product I was returning..a gimme brow travel size. So I emailed customer service and got an automated response that gave me a case #. I had no response for over a week so called customer service and they had no idea where my case # came from as they said it should start with different #. In the end they refunded me because item was just over $15...but really I spent 30 min on phone and 10 min in store trying to return something that should take 2 min. Will avoid shopping here based on this experience. In store returns should not be so complicated with a nationwide chain! Sounds like this is an issue if store doesn't carry your product.

RE: The Canadian Peeps! Deals, News, Events & Whatever!!!

@melaninto I’ve had two similar experiences and for this reason I won’t order/buy anything beauty from SDM.

I had an awful experience too. 

Doing a return for anything at SDM is a PITA. As far as my experiences go, I consider all SDM purchases to be final sale as the aggravation is not worth it. I don't want to go to different stores to find the one store/employee that can help. 

Their head office advertises one policy while the stores are franchised so the individual owners often have in-store policies that don't align. This means what is allowed in one store might be forbidden or banned at the one down the street and both may be different from what's on the website. And the POS system only restricts based on HO rules, so if the employee is nice (or clueless), they can do things in contravention to the store rules. Which will confuse you when you try next time. So YMMV when doing basic transactions like a return because of many many factors. IMO, this is SDM head office's problem. They don't care at all. 

2 Replies