Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Oh, Canada!

The Canadian Peeps! Deals, News, Events & Whatever!!!

A place for the Canadian peeps to post deal, events, news and anything beauty related!

LINKS TO OTHER CANADIAN BT THREADS

What's new on the Canadian site today

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Products/What-s-New-On-The-Site-Today-Canada/td-p/2164948

Promo codes for Canadians - UPDATED!

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Insiders/Active-Canadian-Promo-Codes-3/m-p/2882245#M96876

Sephora Canada Site Product Update Thread

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Sephora-com/Sephora-Canada-Site-Product-Update-Thread/td-p/2060604

WHERE TO SHOP IN CANADA

Canadian Retailers

Spoiler

Chapters (online)
Clementine Fields (online)
Deciem (online + TO stores)

Devu Cosmetics (online)
ecodivabeauty.CA (online)

eskincarestore (online)
Etiket (online + MTL store)
Fresh Faced (online)

ftbbeauty.ca (online)

Green & Pure Organic Beauty (online)

Harlow & Co (online)

Holt Renfrew (online + stores)

Lilou Organics (online)

Murale (store only a few)

Nail Polish Canada (online)

Nordstrom (stores + ships free from counters / online ships from US)
Nuciya (online)

Obsessedcanada (online) (division of NPC)

Orabel.ca (online)
Petal and Post (online)

Sask (stores / online ships free from US)

Scarlet & Julia (online)

SDM/Beauty Boutique (online + stores)

Sephora (online + stores)
Socialite Beauty (online)

Terra 20 (online + store Ottawa)

The Bay (online + stores)

The Detox Market (online + store Toronto)
The Green Jungle Beauty Shop (online)
Well.ca (online)

Brands that ship to Canada

Spoiler

ABH (US)
Bare Foot Venus (CA)
Bare Minerals (US)
Belief (belifcanada(dot)com)

Bobbi Brown (CA)

Charlotte Tilbury

Colourpop (US)
Cover Fx (CA)

Illamasqua (expensive)

Jo Malone (CA)

Jouer (US)

Lancome

Lit Cosmetics (ships from Canada uses US currency)

MAC (CA)

Makeup Geek (US)

Melt Cosmetics (US)

NARS

Natasha Denona

NYX

OCC Makeup (US)

Pat McGrath Labs (US)
Smashbox

Sugarpill (US)

Suva Beauty (ships from Canada uses US currency)
Tacha (US)

Tarte (CA)

Too Faced (US)

Urban Decay (US)
YSL

Online retailers that ship to Canada

Spoiler

(* = high shipping)
Alyaka
Barney's*
Bath & Unwind
Beauty Bay
Beautylish

Cultbeauty.co.uk
Frends Beauty
Harrods*
Lookfantastic

Muse Beauty Pro
Naimies
Neiman Marcus*
Selfridges*
SpaceNK UK (Ship £5. Free over £100)
Tambeauty
Ulta*

~ Updated August 3rd 2017 ~

Tags (2)

Re: The Canadian Peeps! Deals, News, Events & Whatever!!!

@k617  Thanks K!  I didn't get that coupon though Smiley Sad

@veronika23 did you click on the email in late November to choose whether you wanted the box of chocolates or Joe Fresh/Quo? The email said you had to pick by Nov 29 Smiley Sad

@k617  I didn't even get that email Smiley Sad  I always check them and was on the lookout when you guys posted about it.  Oh well... too late now.  Thx!

@veronika23if it's any consolation,you weren't the only one who missed out,I didn't get the email either.

Aw sorry to hear that @Seymore3 Smiley Sad

@k617 I totally forgot to respond to that email! Shoot!

Oh no! Think I kinda read that email and forgot about it too😫

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I'm moving this over to the Canadian peeps section - I meant to write this post yesterday and ran out of time. Hope I'm not annoying everyone with these long posts it's just that this is what I did for many years but in the public sector - I essentially would analyze government programs and try to communicate to people what they actually were getting from them -  @6ixGirl@veronika23@bakeamuffin@lachaton @ope590 @sydtomato@fatimamummy and @DutchSteffi @maeva@k617- Here is my take on the program and switch over:

THE OPTIMUM PROGRAM NOW

* If you don't shop during 20 times the points events, the Optimum Program is not nearly as interesting.  Right now, on a regular day you need to spend $9500 to get $170 back which only amounts to 1.8% cashback.  But I suspect many of us shop during the 20 times the points, when you only need to spend $475 to get $170 - this turns out to be a pretty significant value back - it amounts to getting 35.8% of our money back in other products.

* Currently, the Optimum program rewards us for spending more and saving more points because each reward tier gives us more cash value for our points

* 20 times the points and other events occur frequently enough that it's fairly easily only to shop on those days

THE NEW OPTIMUM PROGRAM - PROS and CONS

15 points at SDM per $1 spent and 10 points at the other participating stores (Joe Fresh, Loblaws, Real Canadian Superstore and No Frills) for a straight $10 for every 10,000 points up to a max of $500 for 500,000 points.

* Like before, this program is pretty uninteresting on regular (non-points stacking days).  It amounts to a 1.5% cash back in goods from SDM and 1% cash back in goods from the other stores.

* The extent to which the addition of the new stores will be helpful to people will depend on whether they will host promotions and points stacking events like SDM currently does.  If they do it could really help rack up the points, if they don't than the addition of the other stores will be somewhat meaningless at a 1% cash back rate.  What we don't know is if the other stores will do points promotions like shoppers does and how generous those promotions will be.

* The main difference is that the new system will not reward spending more or saving more points - the value of points will be the same no matter how much or how little you spend.  

* For those of us currently saving our points until the 50,000 or 95,000 points threshold we will be getting less cash back value per dollar spent.  

* A good way to illustrate is like this: Under the new system we will need 170,000 points to get $170 off - to get $170 back we would need to spend $11,333 on a regular day and/or $566.66 on a 20 times the points day.   We're spending $91.66 more on a promo day and $1833 more on a regular day to get the same amount of money back.

* Out total 20 times the points day cash back in goods value at SDM has decreased from 35.8% to 30% essentially: is it worth it because we'll now be able to get points from other stores? Only time will tell bc that will depend on how often those other stores do points stacking and multiplier promotions.  Otherwise the program is pretty uninteresting.

THE POINTS WE CURRENTLY HAVE and THE VALUE WE GET DURING THE TRANSITION

* If you have over 95,000 points in your account then you will get fair value for your points.  The value of the points is subjective currently - the more points we have the more they are worth because their value increases with every threshold - at the 8000 points level we get $10 back.  That means it takes 800 points to get $1 back.  If you save your points and redeem at the higher levels the value of your points goes up. At the higher end 95,000 points for $170 back it only takes 558.82 points to get $1 back.

* The conversion uses the last redemption milestone you achieved to decide how your points will be converted. The “Current Value of your Points” is valued differently – that is why some of you are being told you’ll actually get more value. To calculate the “current value of your points” and make it seem like you are getting extra value through the transition they are calculating your current point monetary value by giving you the full amount for the last reward threshold you cleared and if there are additional points you get the lower threshold amount for the balance – let’s use 58,000 points as an example. Your “current value” is said to be $95 and they tell you that you’ll get extra money because they’ll give you $98.60 after the conversion. To get a “current value” of $95 they do this: 50K points = $85 and 8K points = $10. Your “current value” is therefore $95 but they are not giving you the enhanced upper threshold points value for that left over 8000 points they value that at the lowest value possible.

* Are you getting fair value for your points? That depends on what you planned to do with your points... It depends on how many points you have and how you planned to save and spend them.  If you meant to save them until you had 95, 000 and then redeem them than it might not be fair – if you have over 95,000 already you’ll be fine. The problem is that after the conversion you won’t have the opportunity to save the points and get more value out of them anymore. Your points are being valued on the last redemption milestone they achieved.

* The easiest way to determine what you'll get and whether it is worth saving a little extra and redeeming or saving depends so let's do the calculation using a few different examples:

Number of Points

What would the CURRENT value of my points be if I planned to save them until I had 95,000 to redeem $170?

What does the transition website tell me the CURRENT value of my points is?

What does the website tell me they will give as cash value AFTER the transition?

Is it fair? What am I loosing in value if I had planned to save until I had 95,000 points?

9, 500

$17

$11.88

$11.88

You loose $5.12:Your points value is based on 10K redemption threshold.

23, 500

$42.05

$31.88

$32.05

You loose $10: points being valued at 22K redemption threshold.

40, 000

$71.58

$62.50

$63.16

You loose $8.42: points being valued based on 38K threshold.

58 000

$103.79

$95

$98.60

You loose $5.19: points being valued based on 50K threshold.

70, 000

$125.26

$110

$119

You loose $6: points being valued based on 50K threshold.

82, 000

$146.74

$127.50

$139.40

You loose $7.34: points being valued based on 50K threshold.

$223.68

$210

$223.68

YOU ARE GETTING PERFECT VALUE BECAUSE YOU ARE OVER 95K and THE POINTS CALCULATION IS BASED ON THE LAST THRESHOLD PASSED

This is great! Thank you! I had a feeling that the transition would not work to everyone's advantage, but this really showed me just how it will work. Of course losing $5-$10 is not the end of the world - but why should we have to?

I've noticed several targeted coupons recently offering 18,500 points for different spend levels so keeping an eye open for those might help some of us make the magic 95,000 points before the change. A few grocery items did the trick for me last week.

Thank you so much for the breakdown!

@Nickelliebear1Thank you so much! : ) I'm so pleased if a few people can find this useful so I appreciate the nice comment, thank you! : )

This is super helpful, @RoseCharlie! I'll be referring to this often. Three cheers for you!!!

@ope590 😊 Thank you so much! : ) I am super glad this will be a bit useful! : )

Thanks so much for all this work @RoseCharlie!!! You are a superstar!!!!!!

Image result for super star gif

@veronika23 Bwahahahahaha LOL 😂 thanks so much @veronika23! : ) I love this GIF! : ) I love Molly Shannon and I love this skit! : ) I remember when people (myself included) used to do those  references all the time as a joke heheheh thanks so much!

Haha glad it made you laugh @RoseCharlie Smiley Happy

The chart is super helpful @RoseCharlie, thank you for putting it together! So in other words...after the program merge... save until over 95,000 points to redeem. I can deal with that.

@k617 Thanks : ) I think that the best thing to do might be try and get to 95,000 points before the merge because then you really will get full value for your points during the transition (anyone with over 95K points will get full value according to the transition website's points conversion calculator and the calculations i've done).  Personally though I think I might try and get to 95K then spend it before the conversion but there's probably no reason for me not to trust them I just feel a bit suspicious about it because of the way they have brought it out.  I suppose they must rely on the notion that people won't always shop on 20 times the points and that they will use the lower value promotions and come back on regular days but if that's not working out too well for them maybe they needed to give slightly less value to adjust their profit margins.

Ah, thanks. I didn't read your entire post (my bad) and just went straight to the chart (I'm an engineer. I like charts.)

I spent all my points at the last promo (the spend 50,000 get points back or whatever) and so now I'm just left with the 16,000. Don't think I'll make 95,000 prior to the switch but I guess I never know Smiley Very Happy

@k617 I think this analysis is mainly about how to get the most value out of your Optimum points before the merge. Currently, Optimum points increase in value as you collect more (e.g. if you have 8000 Optimum points, each point is worth 0.00125 cents but if you have over 95K points, each point is worth roughly 0.00178 cents). After the merge, this won't be the case since the redemption ratio will always be $10K = $10 no matter how many points you collect (each point is always worth 0.001 cents). 

What she's saying is if you have 95K+ Optimum points before the merge, you get the maximum conversion rate and the best value for your Optimum points. Otherwise, you'll lose out slightly. 

Thanks for doing this!!

2 Replies