Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Sephora x Field Trip Festival Event Live Updates!

Hey everyone,

I am fortunate enough to attend another AMAZING event all thanks to @KatieBT who was super sweet and let me know there was still a ticket up for grabs! Field Trip is a music and arts festival, but also has food, comedy, and family-friendly programming which they nicknamed "Day Camp." After browsing through this year's lineup, my guest and I are most excited to see Metric, Dizzy, and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs! Also can't wait to visit the Sephora booth!! I've never attended a festival with Sephora being present so I don't know what to expect, but let's be real - I'm making a beeline there right when we arrive 😋

The festival spans two days for 9-10 hours per day so I'm hoping to check in with some photos and updates once every hour or two. Hope you guys enjoy coming along for the ride through this post!

And once again, thank you to Katie and @SephoraBIC for this wonderful opportunity!

Re: Sephora x Field Trip Festival Event Live Updates!

Holy smokes you guys! I am in awe of the quality of this post and my heart is bursting at the seams 🙂 Thank you so much for sharing your experience with all of us @Guessgal and @shopaholic15!

It sounds like such a wonderful time!  

@Guessgal This looks like so much fun! I love all you're pictures and as always you look gorgeous! I'm so happy you were able to attend 🙂 

@BrendaBT  Aww that’s very sweet of you to say 🙈 and thank you so much to you, Katie, and the BIC team for these great event experiences! I’ve been so lucky to take part in them 😇💕 this is a weekend I’ll never forget!

Thanks everyone for joining us on this adventure! As @shopaholic15 mentioned, the Sephora booth was giving $10 gift cards to those who did makeovers and snapped pics. My friend gave me hers since she’s not too into makeup. And I thought I would give back to the community by sharing this with you ladies from the BIC fam! So I guess I’ll tag everyone who posted on this thread and just comment below if you’re interested and I’ll PM the first comment @Tamara76 @curlychiquita @melissapurple22 @bakeamuffin @yankeefaithful @SpaceLlama @blackkitty2014 @starsandbucks @itsfi

*The gift card is VALID NOW TILL JUNE 18 and is valid in Sephora stores in Canada and sephora.caE6BFA593-1D37-4D86-AEF9-847B059899D7.jpeg

@Guessgal look at you sharing the love with the rest of the community! My heart is bursting as I read this thread ❤️

What a lovely sentiment @Guessgal!! Looks like you had a blast!

@Guessgal. Thanks for thinking of us!! I'm in U.S.,so @SpaceLlama I hope you get the spray that really works for you!! 

Thank you, @yankeefaithful 😊 I was almost out of my OUAI mini so this is perfect. @Guessgal has convinced me to get the Herbivore spray. I had no idea it existed but it sounds like it works and smells great 😄

That would be great 🤗 Thanks @Guessgal lol sorry I say I was a little late 💜😬

That is so thoughtful of you @Guessgal! I hope you enjoy trying out some sea spray with this @SpaceLlama 😄😄 

Oh that's so sweet of you @Guessgal.  You can cross my name out.  I'm in US.  🙂

Thank you for thinking of us; very thoughtful of you!  You can cross my name off the list as well, @Guessgal.  Like @blackkitty2014, I'm in the U.S. 

Could only tag max 10 ppl, but @pocketvenus @RachFace2921 are tagged too

Thanks @Guessgal!  That's really thoughtful of you.  I'm also US based, but appreciate it nonetheless.  I hope you had fun at the festival!!

If it's still available, I'll take it! Thank you for the kind offer @Guessgal ❤️

edit: oh, I see @SpaceLlama commented first! Thank you anyway 🙂

If someone is really in need of buying something they can have it 🙂 if not ill buy some hair sea spray with it, @Guessgal

@SpaceLlama  I just sent you the card and PIN number in a PM. Can’t wait to see your hair slaying with the sea spray. Is it the one by Herbivore? 🤗

I was looking at Verb, IGK or the new Bumble & Bumble sprays 😊 I had no idea Herbivore made a sea spray, but I'll look it up. Thank you so much, @Guessgal 😄

Hey!

So a big thanks to @guessgirl for documenting everything and updating the thread as she went along. BT and my phone don’t have a good relationship, but rest assured, I was blogging I my head the whole time. We didn’t get a chance to meet up despite several attempts but maybe one day!

Bands

• Dizzy – homegrown band from Oshawa which were peppy! This was the first band of the day
  • Reuban and the Dark – one of my favourite bands which are absolutely incredible live. I got chills even though the temperature was in the high twenties. They covered The Tragically Hip’s Bobcaygeon which was wonderful. Definitely did the song justice.
  • Damian Marley – not usually my type of music but the energy of the crowd was contagious
  • Bahamas - they came, they played, they slayed.
  • Metric – EPIC! They sound amazing in person and played all the crowd pleasers. It was like one big sing-a-long
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs – More like No No No because we didn’t want it to end! Great set despite the not-so-nice weather on Sunday. The crowd still ate up what they were dishin’ out. Really fun Sunday night (as I sit at work typing this review)

Food & Drink

• We tried a fried chicken sandwich with curry fries from …Homegrown (?) food truck. I’m pretty sure that was the name! It was delicious as you can see in the pics below
  • Oh man. It was everywhere – just the way mama likes it. Mill St. was giving out samples of three different beers (all delicious which we went back for multiples of). Big House winery from Cali-forn-I-A (who do wine in a can!) was there with some very colourful staff handing out bandanas. Jim Beam was sampling their normal bourbon and new vanilla bourbon (seriously, run out and get this!). They had a game to throw shirts in a barrel for prizes. Over both days we won a Jim Beam shirt, hat, aviators and ear buds! The girls working were a lot of fun and very sweet. Absolut was there and had a boomerang thing set up and if you posted it on your insta you may get a DM for a free mixed drink. I was not the recipient of the free mixed drink.
  • We had fish tacos another day. Not really my cup of tea but my boyfriend is from Cornwall, UK and was basically raised under the sea so he’s all about dat bass fish tacos.

Vendors

• Airmiles had a booth set up where if you flashed our airmiles card, you went into a booth to record a 10 second video and then the machine spit out a prize. You could win anything from a tee shirt, tote bag, gift card to Metro, Shell, etc, or concert tickets! We won a tote bag.
  • Ok this was one of the coolest things we discovered. It’s an app built for swapping items. It’s local to Toronto with a pretty big concentration around King/Queen West which is excellent for us because it’s our neighbourhood! They have their own currency BTZ which will soon by trading on the crypto market. Even better is the currency can be used at local places for food, coffee, beer (!!!) at places like Hookies, Drake General Store, etc. To give you an idea, just for signing up you get 1000 BTZ and a cup-o-joe is around 300 BTZ and a beer is about 800 BTZ – instant gratification. AND if you’re keen on signing up, ask for my referral code and we each get an extra 500! We spent a while talking to the founders. It’s really remarkable what they’ve accomplished so quickly. Support local peeps!
  • Indie 88 – probably our fave radio station in the city. They were giving out high-fives. They also had a plinko game set up to win another high-five or a prize which were either sunglasses, a button, temp tattoos, or a poncho (great for the rain on Sunday)
  • There were several independent places selling merch, homemade jewelry, a cute fruit stand, and some other big vendors like RBC (who we didn’t visit). There was no shortage of things to keep you busy!

Sephora

• The mothership. The Sephora booth was by far the busiest. There were (not ridiculous) lines all day, both days. The first day, I went and got my hair refreshed. It was hot so I was in need of some frizz control! My bf (who is such a good sport) got some hair spray in his hair. We snapped a few pics and posted them to insta. As @guessgirl mentioned, if you did you had to win a modern renaissance palette each hour (which I so wanted!) but I didn’t win. Nevertheless, after our photo was done, we each received a sample – KVD mini liner and mini Bang! Mascara and a $10 off $30 card to use by June 18. The staff were fantastic. Everyone was very friendly (and looked smashing babay!). The second day I went back for make-up. I got some glittery lip gloss (Tarte H2) Rainforest gloss in Getaway mixed with some Cover fx drops). I’m not usually a gloss girl – but I know what I’m getting with my gift card! My only suggestion would be to have more products that men could use. My bf asked for lip balm, but the only thing available had sparkles or was pink. Maybe some Jack Black balms or moisturizer for the lads next year?

Overall we had a really great time. We live around the corner from Fort York which made it easy to run home and let our fur baby out. A huge thank you to Sephora for the tickets. We’re so grateful to have had the opportunity to attend the Field Trip Festival which showcased a lot of local talent.

I’m not as photogenic as @guessgirl but here are some pics from the festival.

Spoiler
Sephora Day 1Sephora Day 1Sephora Day 2Sephora Day 2Metric!Metric!Bahamas!Bahamas!Delicious Curry FriesDelicious Curry Fries

74 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos28
  • A7958E26-8FC5-4D15-9363-3D0C6C163BA0.jpeg
  • C86E15DA-7B8B-4B7D-B2C1-7AF48194F879.jpeg
  • Field Trip (Garrison stage)
  • 107461D2-B4B4-4176-BEFA-D4263009EA6C.jpeg
  • DFC85973-1D12-49A1-B4F2-1CF45FAB65F8.jpeg
  • 89E01D17-E2EC-4342-AC83-3768FCDC88A7.jpeg
  • 1AEAE3D5-8A64-4BFF-9CD3-E778FCCD4E2B.jpeg
  • Emily Haines (lead singer for Metric)
  • I just loved the effect of these lights
  • 366D77BD-BE90-492A-A02D-42F0E7289C21.jpeg
  • Before & after with my makeup artist!
  • The Sephora booth!!!
  • Close-up of the eye look
  • ED1DB677-3CFF-4B73-A974-06F15020BBDF.jpeg
  • My friend kept saying how great the lighting was against the glitter on my eyes!
testing