Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Recycling/Upcycling Makeup Containers

Hi Canada! Is Anyone else thinking about minimizing Makeup waste and recycling the packaging of the beautiful products we use on a daily basis? What can we do to make Companies like Sephora and other brands think about this issue and make it easier on us. We need you geniuses.

Re: Recycling/Upcycling Makeup Containers

@shadoonka @Mimosis I think this is becoming an even greater issue now.  For example, my town is starting a new recycling program Jan 2019 and I will no longer be able to recycle any lids, and only plastics 1-2.  As a result, a lot of what I used to recycle will have to be thrown out.  It would be great for the Earth (not to mention convenient) if Sephora had a program.  Just this week I recycled three beauty products, but I know those days are numbered.  I know it would be great to get points for it, but I'd do it even if I didn't get anything in return.  My satisfaction would be in not filling a landfill 🙂

Totally agree with you. I will do it even without points. It´s just that it really hurts see the landfills and the garbage in the sea... I mean, we all like to make up, but we all like to see a clean environment. 

Hi, I know this is an old entry but I think there are a lot people like you and me that are concern about the environment. I just started a campaign in Change.org for that. It took me a while to decide to do so and write it down, take a look on it and if you think is worth it, please sign and share. I cannot share the URL due to guidelines and Terms of Use, but you can look for it in the Change platform.

Thanks!!! Wish you the best look (and luck) ;)!

It’d be nice if companies themselves could come up with a recycling program. Then stores that carry their brands ie Sephora can have collection bins to send back to the respective companies. If there were some sort of incentive I imagine this could be done quickly, and it’ll make the brand look good.

Consumers themselves could try upcycling too. I clean out my cream jars to put loose items like beads, paper clips etc. Mirrors from palettes can be removed and reused too.

RE: Re: Recycling/Upcycling Makeup Containers

Lush has their own recycling program and if return so many containers you get a free face mask. A lot of their products are package less too. Would be nice to see more companies doing stuff like that to protect the environment

RE: Recycling/Upcycling Makeup Containers

That is a great idea I hate throwing away containers
1 Reply
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 20 Hearts Given
  • 6 Contributors
testing