Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Info on Glow products..

Hi all, I am new to skincare. I’m 35. And I’ve been reading such good things about the Glow brand. A little about my skin. I am showing some signs of aging in the form of fine lines around my eyes, I have uneven skin tone (light skin), I have adult acne-prone skin, enlarged pores (get dirty VERY quickly!), combination oily/dry skin, and an oily t-zone, and redness every day. I do not wear coverup or anything on my face. Let’s just say I have not been blessed with good skin at all. But here I am trying at 35! I’d just like some advice in my skincare journey. Pore cleansers? How to keep them clean? What products work for you? Thank you.

Re: Info on Glow products..

Hi @pinkflamingle what's your current routine looking like? And how many steps are you looking for? I think a simple routine is 3 steps and then on the longer end people can get up to over 10.

I think the Glow Recipe brand is really fun! They have super cute packaging, a solid product line (everything has been pretty well received) and I've only seen good customer service. 

RE: Re: Info on Glow products..

Thank you for your feedback, meou. I appreciate it very much. I don’t really follow a routine right now, it’s kind of what I’m looking for. I’m 35, and don’t really understand skincare and makeup the way women do these days. I am looking for something simple to start out with, so preferably 3 step.

Re: RE: Re: Info on Glow products..

@pinkflamingle so the most BASIC routine that everyone should have is (omit the sunscreen for PM lol)

• Cleanser
  • Moisturizer
  • Sunscreen 

Everything else is a nice to have that you can use to target concerns that you have about your skin. You'll see a lot of discussion about active ingredients but you can actually include those in your moisturizer with great effects - it does not have to be a seperate product. 

Couple product recommendations and I'll explain why I went with them

• Cleanser: I love a good gel cleanser since they tend to be fairly ph balanced so your skin won't feel stripped or dry. Sephora has a ton of options and I personally tend to pay less attention to the ingredients in it since you'll be washing it off and instead focus on the experience (texture and scent) so really pick your favorite. Couple options that I have read rave reviews about
  • Moisturizer: Youth To The People Superfood Air-Whip Lightweight Face Moisturizer with Hyaluronic Acid 2 oz / 59 mL light weight whipped moisturizer that has Vitamin C which is an anti oxidant to prevent aging and help brighten the skin and reduce hyperpigmentation, Vitamin E and Vitamin B5 (Panthenol) both of which help moisturize and act as a humectant and then there is aloe (for soothing the skin) and hyaluronic acid great for hydrating and has a plumpnig effect to get rid of fine lines). Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream also a great choice it has centella, aloe and magensium (all to help with redness and irritation) hyaluronic acid, glycerin and squalane (those last 2 are amazing for moisturizing) 
  • Sunscreen: Purito Centella Sun Screen - this is a chemical sunscreen (I'm using it right now!) that cmoes in a scented or unscented version. It's super well rated and has a boat load of great ingredients like centella (removes redness), hyaluronic acid and madecassic acid (for moisturizing and wound healing). This also has Niacinamide (vitamin B3) which is a really common active ingredient that helps control oil production, brightens the skin and reduces the visibility of pores. 

if you do want to add in additional products I would look at either one of the following, both of them can be irritating so you'll want to start out with a low %, PM only and slowly (incorporate it once a week and then slowly work your way up in frequency). 

That should keep you at 3 steps for AM or PM with 4 products total 😊 Hope that helps 

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Hearts Given
  • 2 Contributors
testing