Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!

I’m looking for a primer and can’t decide what I should get

I’m pretty new to makeup and have slowly started getting into it, but I’m not all there yet. I’m looking for a primer, but not sure where to start looking for one.. I have a pretty normal skin type. any recommendations???

RE: I’m looking for a primer and can’t decide what I should get

Best silicone primer imo is hourglass mineral veil. But the product that actually makes my makeup last longer and is compatible with all face products is the all nighter spray by urban decay!

Re: I’m looking for a primer and can’t decide what I should get

@bhannah4 I love YVES SAINT LAURENT - Touche Eclat Blur Primer

P.S.

Not all primers work with all foundations. The brands of makeup that come out with complexion products and matching primers can be a good start as well. 

When shopping for a good primer. Do your due diligence and research which brand of foundation you are also looking to buy. Then go in you tube and find beauty/makeup influencers who look like you who have the similar skin type as you. And go from there. They will teach you plenty of tips and tricks. My favorite primers that I use and how I use them are: the milk hydro grip for my entire face, tatcha silk canvas for my t zone, then I like to set it with a light layer of setting powder and that helps my makeup to stay in place with an 8 hr wear. 

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing