Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Higher cost

Did anyone notice how the prices of Sol de Janeiro creams went quietly from 57$ to 59$ overnight?

Higher cost

Almost every thing went up today. I remember buying Hourglass primer 60 ml for 87cad few weeks ago and today it it 99 cad. Unbelievable and no, starting last week the cad usd exchange rate is getting better it is now 1.33 instead of 1.35 like 2 weeks ago

RE: Higher cost

I just ordered the new natasha denona sunrise palette and the hourglass setting powder two days ago and the powder was 55 now it’s $60, I’m glad I got it when I did, pretty much everything hourglass went up by ~10%. It’s making me wish I had bought more during the sale, but it’s probably for the best I didn’t lol.

Re: Higher cost

$75 US = $99 CAD based on today’s exchange rate for the primer. The $87 you referenced was a 1.16 exchange rate. So while it seems ridiculous, it’s actually fair. 

Companies can’t go changing prices all the time due to small fluctuations in exchange rate when they have their own prices in each country. So it usually happens when there’s a new norm. Many companies do this, not just Sephora. 

We can only hope for a better exchange rate, but when it happened like 10 years ago, I don't remember price went down lol! Even when the 1 CAD was higher than 1 USD, we still paid more. Correct me if I am wrong! 

Still, I just can't get over price went up 12 $ overnight, and thanks God I stocked up on Drunk Elephant during the sale!

This happens. Have you seen how poorly our dollar is doing against the USD lately? 😉

@manoly14 

I swear the Farmacy Green Clean went up in $ as well.

RE: Re: Higher cost

That’s so wrong wow

The most shocking price jump for me was the Murad hydro dynamic quenching essence. It’s $102 now. Used to be 80-something!

RE: Re: Higher cost

WoW, and they don’t even adress that kind of stuff

Cover FX, Laneige, Tata Harper and Caudalie all went up, too.  Tata Harper and Tatcha's prices went up on their respective websites too, so I think it just happened to be the brand increasing prices - as most often do periodically - I find the more time I spend online researching products, the more quickly I notice price jumps.

I noticed when I was in store the other day, Biossance products and Tatcha products increased by like $5. I was really considering buying the dewy skin cream- it was $84 before which was already rather steep but now it's $89 and I just don't think I can swallow that price for a 50ml moisturizer - that's $1.78 per ml. 

Many products on the Canadian website went up by a few dollars. It happens every now and then - most likely to adjust to the conversion rate. 😞

Conversation Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 18 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing