Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Hey Sephora Canada! Some feedback on your website update! An open letter...

I'm happy that you're making changes to your site and it's nice to see something fresh.

I'm getting quite annoyed when I have more than 1 tab open on Sephora Canada... the tab that I'm not on keeps flashing "new message". I get that there's an instant chat/help option available, but why with the constant flashing? I already notice the option to click the box on the bottom right hand already.

In addition to that, why are so many of your products not showing the quantity? For example, the Glow Recipe Banana Soufflé Moisture Cream  and Drunk Elephant Sweet Biome™ Fermented Sake Hydrating Spray 3.33 oz/ 100 mL does not show the quantity. Sometimes the pictures will have it, other times, it's not there.

Thanks for listening!

Re: Hey Sephora Canada! Some feedback on your website update! An open letter...

@mmmiu  (also tagging @TeamBIC for site feedback) 

Product size is also missing on US product pages now. 😞 I've noticed this trend on a few other retailers' sites, and it drives me nuts from both a UX design and ordinary user perspective. Some of us shoppers want to know how many mL/oz are in a new-to-us product before we purchase it, Sephora. And since some of us still actively avoid in-store shopping (because you know, pandemic and all), we're not gonna pop into a store location just to find product sizes. 

I haven't seen the flashing tabs yet on the US side, but that's a super annoying design trend I wish would die. MUFE's site used to tab-flash a "hey, come back" message; it was so distracting, I quit going to their site at all. Now I see they still pop a "forgetting something" message in the tab, but they've disabled the flashing, thank goodness. 

it's silly for consumers that want to spend the money to have to look up product details elsewhere *sigh*

I'm getting the "forgot something?" in email form. i get that retailers might be struggling, but if i'm not clicking buy, there  are reasons for us consumers too

I noticed this too. It seems kind of shady they would go from always having the quantity on the product to not having it on any of them. Creates a lot of work for the end user. I'm sure this was intentional for some marketing reason or another but I really hope/encourage them to change this back. 

right?? It seems silly to go through another step of googling the size *sigh*. i hope it gets fixed soon!

Conversation Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 5 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing