Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Help! Greasy face :(

I’ve tried everything. Different products, primers, application methods, setting sprays, finishing powders... my face makeup looks flawless when I leave the house in the morning then 1 hour later I’m shiny and makeup is melting off my face. Literally wiping away. I don’t have a lot of time in the morning (usually have max 15 minutes for all makeup) What am I doing wrong? Current products: Cleansing routine: Fresh soy cleanser or origins foaming face wash Clinique under eye rich Lancôme energie de vie (both day and night cream versions) Makeup: UD primer spray OR TooFaced hangover primer Clarins sunscreen KVD lock it powder foundation (either brush or BB application method) MUFA finishing powder (not always) UD de-slick setting spray OR UD all nighter setting spray

Help! Greasy face :(

Your moisturizer is probably contributing to your excess oil. I don't suggest using a product for dry skin because your skin isn't dry. Try to pick something up that is hydrating but oil free. Also I would try to avoid anything mattifying until the last step of your routine (because your skin is probably reacting to it's over dehydration by producing excess oil). Try to go to Sephora and get some skincare/makeup recommendations for your skin type too!
Anonymous Insider

Re: Help! Greasy face :(

Is it possible that your skin is dehydrated and therefore producing more oil to make up for that? This is something that can definitely occur so as a suggestion, try using a cleanser that is more hydrating vs the cleansers you are using that tend to be more for oily skin (as is what your problem appears to be). So, in general, stay away from foaming and gel cleansers. And then pick up a moisturizer geared towards dry skin (like Cereve) or even try a face oil to put over your current moisturizer! Good luck 🙂 

RE: Re: Help! Greasy face :(

Awesome, thanks for the tips! I’ll give it a shot!
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 3 Contributors
testing