Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Dry skin

I’m new to makeup. So every type of foundation I have tried makes my skin look dry. Prior to that it is dry but not that dry. Please help me figure out how to get rid of this I do exfoliate. Recommend products because I really don’t want to waste my money on something that won’t help me. 

#

Re: Dry skin

My skin used to be soooo dry. I always cared more about makeup than I did skincare because nothing worked anyway. I ended up buying a First Aid Beauty package and fell in love! My skin is so much better and doesn’t hurt anymore. It’s not the most expensive line and it’s great for sensitive skin. In order, I use the First Aid Beauty Pure Skin Face Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL, First Aid Beauty Hydrating Toner with Squalane + Oats 6 oz/ 177 mL, First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair® Hydrating Serumand  FIRST AID BEAUTY - Ultra Repair® Cream Intense Hydration. I also use the FIRST AID BEAUTY - Facial Radiance Pads to exfoliate (but only once a week or so). Definitely recommend!

Hey Ooganie!

I have dry skin too and have had very similar struggles to what you described. The key to a great foundation application is the skin prep/daily routine. Make sure your cleanser is balanced and does not leave the skin feeling tight and dry. I highly recommend an oil cleanser like Biossance Squalane + Antioxidant Makeup Removing Cleansing Oil 6.76 oz / 200 mL or JOSIE MARAN - Argan Cleansing Oil because they are both very gentle and leave my skin feeling clean, soft, and hydrated. I also like to exfoliate at least twice a week. To make it easy, I add a little TATCHA - The Rice Polish Foaming Enzyme Powder to my oil cleanser and gently massage any area I need to eliminate dry flaky texture. Follow that a serum or essence to help boost your moisturizer. It's kind of like priming before foundation. This step ensures maximum benefits of the rest of your routine. Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Ultra-Fine Mist 2.53 oz/ 75 mL is perfect because its got hyaluronic acid to bind hydration to the skin, and natural AHAs to smooth texture. To moisturize, try BELIF - The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb. The formula is super hydrating and plays well with a wide range of foundations. The last step to any hydrating routine has to be a thin layer of oil to seal all that moisture into the skin and protect it from the environment. JOSIE MARAN - Argan Infinity Cream Intensive Creamy Oil is perfect because it a little goes a very long way so its a great value, and its the ultimate multi-tasker. It can be used anywhere face or body to help heal and protect against dryness. I have used it for years in my personal routine and in my professional kit. It's AMAZING! A couple things to keep in mind as you're trying boost your hydration- thicker layers does not equal more hydration. Use everything in thin layers as recommended. Consistency is key for both instant gratification and long term hydration. I really hope some of my tips and recommendations for you! Let me know if you have any other questions!!

@Ooganie @Maybe try mixing beauty oil into your foundation like tarte Maracuja Oil 1.7 oz/ 50 mL

Use a hydrating mist OMOROVICZA - Queen of Hungary Mist

changing your moisturizer to a more hydrating one

CAUDALIE - Vinosource SOS Intense Hydration Moisturizer

FRESH - Rose & Hyaluronic Acid Deep Hydration Moisturizer

adding oil at night to skincare routine

The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rose Hip Seed Oil 1 oz/ 30 mL

3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing