Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Canadian prices increasing

Anyone else notice huge price increases on most of their favourite products? Ex. Nude Beach Nudestix pack was $78 and has jumped to $90 (still $78 on the Nudestix website).

Re: Canadian prices increasing

Yes!!! I saw the same in Us, so sad, I rather buying on each website, because I can get more products … so sad 

Absolutely appalling! My perfume went up by 33% this year. Last time I purchased it I paid around $90 now $120... and they didn't have any gift sets this year like the Bay or other department stores. 

RE: Canadian prices increasing

Hi Everyone, this is kind off of topic but conceptually similar to your dilemma. So I was eagerly waiting to buy the discontinued clearanceTarte fall collection (they hit a homer with the colors and quality this year) during the rouge sale when shocker, they went back to full priceright before the rouge sale. I was going to give up but then I foundsuch great deals on the Tarte website and ordered directly from Tarte. I ❤️Tarte so much, their cleaner ingredients, and quality. So ecstatic with my decision to buy all these great products at a great price from Tarte! Shipping and customer service was flawless. No hassle. Impeccable.

I don't think it has anything to do with the Canadian dollar as someone claimed on this thread, it's Sephora being unethical by increasing their prices and claiming it's the exchange rate so they can diminish the amount you actually save on Rouge sales. Sephora also purchases these products for less than they are selling them on the market from either wholesalers or the brands themselves in bulk. For example, rouge starts tomorrow and I was considering buying the Guerlain primer which you can buy from Shoppers Drugmart for 83 dollars and it's 89 here at Sephora, also the NARS tinted moisturizer is 58 and on the NARS Canadian website it's 54, Moroccanoil has also increased at Sephora to 54 and it's 49 on Moroccanoil Canada. All these amounts add up and you end up spending more than you're supposed to / don't save as much if you purchased these products at their correct original amounts, not the shady Sephora increased amounts.

RE: Re: Canadian prices increasing

If none of the other competitors in the same marketplace have marked up the prices, that’s a clue right there.

Re: RE: Re: Canadian prices increasing

Totally agree, it's as if Sephora thought it's consumers wouldn't catch on

I have been really checking prices before I buy at Sephora. Last week I ordered from Lancome because Sephora's price was $7 more!

I read that Sephora claims it has to do with the exchange rates but if that is the case why have the brands themselves not increased prices. L'Occitane is one for sure that went up a lot here but not on the brands site.

Definitely noticed! Not only that the price hikes seem to be frequent. I feel as though everytime I go on the website, products I've been using are more expensive. 

Almost everything in my wish list has gone up by at least $5.00 -- that was just in time for the 20% sale I thought.

Earlier in the week I was considering purchasing the Kilian Good Girl Gone Bad fragrance since I have a gift card and can stack with 20% Rouge sale so I thought it would be a good deal. 1C0AC325-5BB5-4B67-8252-BD3DDC1D757F.png

Well, 2 days later I was checking back and ready to purchase, but the price rose...8569F9ED-C6AC-45F5-BB64-2A453A720A33.png

I’m quite disappointed (both at the timing of the increase and at myself for not acting quicker 😫), but I guess it wasn’t meant to be 

@Guessgal did you end up buying the Good Girl Gone Bad?

@Guessgal did you end up buying the Good Girl Gone Bad?

Re: @Guessgal did you end up buying the Good Girl Gone Bad?

@cangirl84  Ah yes, I was going to update you on here once I got my package, but there was some error and Canada Post re-routed it so it won’t come till tomorrow >.> 

I ended up going to Holts and sniffing a bunch of Kilian’s fragrances. Good Girl Gone Bad is very unique like you said! Definitely unlike any fragrance I have in my collection! I ended up getting the travel size as I’m still fond of the design on the travel bottle. I recall Voulez-vous couchez avec moi also smelled really good! I may get that one next! Thanks for your input in my decision! 😁

Re: @Guessgal did you end up buying the Good Girl Gone Bad?

@Guessgal Oh that is great! Glad I was able to input my 2 cents!!! Enjoy your new love though!! 😄

@Guessgal I have these Kilian since 6-7 years ago. I love...

@Guessgal I have these Kilian since 6-7 years ago. I love them so much. My favourite of all time is Beyond Love which is discontinued so I am on my last bottle. Good Girl Gone Bad is my second love. I do think this is really different than any thing you could find in the market. It really has deep body, sexy and last forever. I liked to buy the fullspray because it came with the clutch which is so beautiful and unique i can put my phone and some id and credit card inside. The travel is convenient if you only care about having the scent on. Have you tested it in store? I tried it when it was launched but I did buy ForbiddenGames and In The City of Sin before Good Girl Gone Bad. The others 2 was more appealing to me, but I kept coming back to Holt's tosniff Good Girl Gone Bad and at the end even until now, I really think I shouldalways have Good Girl Gone Bad. I do hope they will notdiscontinue such a beautiful scent like my Beyond Love If you bought the travel spray set last Sephora spring sale it was still $235 I think, while Saks already increased the price to 260$ since August 2018. I assumed Saks and Holt's will increase the price of this set sometime soon.

@Guessgal It is the same price at Saks and Holt Renfrew and they raised the price before Sephora did ! When I bought this it was between 260 -280 CAD, 5 years ago! 

@cangirl84 Wow really?!? I hadn’t even heard about Kilian 5 years ago (clearly not in-the-know enough 😅). But thanks for mentioning that. I’m wondering if I should just settle for the travel spray since I don’t think that one increased recently... it’s priced at $260. What are your thoughts on the scent? Do you think it’s worth it?

Something else to consider are all the random tariffs and still in-flux trade agreements. I don't work in beauty at all, but in my industry, lots of suppliers have been proactively adjusting prices up because of the US's crazy current situation vis-a-vis...like the entire world at this point. Parts and products I was buying a few months ago in the beginning of the year have increased 15%, 20%, sometimes 30% so I wouldn't be surprised if there's some version of that in beauty/cosmetics. Maybe not the completed finished goods, but raw ingredients and components are  often sourced all over the globe, not just in the US or Canada. Annual price adjustments regardless are common as well, I'm sure it seems sneaky because Sephora happened to have a summer sale, but pricing and marketing strategy doesn't just happen overnight on a whim, it's most likely coincidence on timing. 

Like @IttyxBittyxMe  mentioned, Sephora must adhere to the brand's directions in terms of pricing guidelines (and also discounts, for all of you harping about the "only" 20%, lots of prestige brands specifically prohibit sale pricing so as not to cheapen their brand). 

RE: Canadian prices increasing

What I don’t understand is how they decide what products are going up in price and how much. My loyalty to Sephora is diminishing, especially if you can find these products for less. List of prices that I noticed going up: Farmacy cleansing balm: was $44, now $45 Nudestix tinted blur stick: was $33, now $37 Caudalie vinoperfect serum: was $89, now $95 Peter Thomas Roth cucumber eye mask: was $60, now $70 SK-II Piteria Essence welcome pack: was $125, now $129 Kielhs ultra facial cream 1.7oz: was $34, now $37

Re: RE: Canadian prices increasing

Vinoperfect serum is at C

@arellle wrote:
What I don’t understand is how they decide what products are going up in price and how much. My loyalty to Sephora is diminishing, especially if you can find these products for less. List of prices that I noticed going up: Farmacy cleansing balm: was $44, now $45 Nudestix tinted blur stick: was $33, now $37 Caudalie vinoperfect serum: was $89, now $95 Peter Thomas Roth cucumber eye mask: was $60, now $70 SK-II Piteria Essence welcome pack: was $125, now $129 Kielhs ultra facial cream 1.7oz: was $34, now $37

Vino Perfect serum is at *ostco for ike $65!!

Re: RE: Canadian prices increasing

Gotta agree with @IttyxBittyxMe 

For example, the Kiehls cream is now $37 on the Kiehls website, Holt Renfrew website and The Bay website.... seems like a brand directed price change and not Sephora’s out to get us. 

48 Replies
Conversation Stats
Photos3
  • 1C0AC325-5BB5-4B67-8252-BD3DDC1D757F.png
  • 8569F9ED-C6AC-45F5-BB64-2A453A720A33.png
testing