Free Classes

Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!

Canadian Winter 2016 TSB

This TSB will be similar to my 2016 editions, but I've tweaked a few rules again. Please read the rules and comment below if you would like to participate 🙂 

The spreadsheet is updated (link at the bottom) so that should give you an idea of what is going to be included in this TSB. I'll be adding a few new items again (not yet added to spreadsheet)

New changes from the last round:

Spoiler

For any items you're adding to the box, please post the batch number or expiration date (if available).  

No aerosol products.

Please review the rules below before signing up. Sign ups are open until January 31st, but I will cap our list at about 10 participants. I'd like to send out the box in early February.

I would also advise that you read over the TSB Best Practices post for further information:

http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/TSB-Best-Practices-for-the-BT-Community/m-p/2001133#M59515

If you have any questions, feel free to post here or PM me.

I will also start posting previews of items to be included shortly Smiley Happy 

Rules:

-Must be VIB Rouge

-Must have over 500 hearts OR have successfully been a part of a previous CanadianTSB

-Must be active on Beauty Talk

-Must be 18 or older

-Must be able to pay $20 or more for shipping and provide tracking

-Must be able to post pictures and show the group what you have to trade/what you have taken

-Must be able to trade like for like in terms of quality/desirability

Calculating Product Value:

Full sized price labelling:

- New/lightly swatched = no price change

- Used 1-2x = take 10% off value

- Used 3-4x = take 20% off value

- Anything more than 4x = please use your best judgement and wait for input 

Deluxe samples:

Spoiler

- Calculate based off the largest size available of said product. For example, if a deluxe sample is 0.5oz, and the full size is 2 oz and worth $60, then the deluxe sample is worth $15.

- MUST be new and unused.  Very lightly used or swatched items only allowed in travel or full size, not deluxe.

- Take 10% off value if lightly used/swatched

- DO NOT include tiny deluxes if you've used them even once.

- Foils = no value (please take and donate as you see fit) 

Trading Rules:

Spoiler

☆ Items traded should be equivalent sizes (e.g. full size products for full size products, travel for travel, etc.)

☆ For trading purposes, any trades which include the luxury bag will be treated separate from the rest of the box. Items in the luxury bag will be from luxury brands and/or highly sought after items. If you are taking an item out of the luxury bag, you must also be putting a new item into the luxury bag.

☆ Deluxe size, travel size, and full size (where participants express interest) items welcome.

☆ Must trade brand item quality equal to or better. Sprytely's Makeup Brand Equivalency thread is very helpful for this, but please defer to the group's feedback to determine if the trade is acceptable. Thread link: http://community.sephora.com/t5/Makeup/Makeup-Brand-Equivalency/m-p/2389597#M97982 

☆ Exceptions can be made, but must be posted prior to trade. If anything does not fit these descriptions but you'd like to offer it for a trade, please post it for others to comment on.

☆ Minimum 3 people must approve your trade. Please give yourself 24 hours after posting photos to receive feedback before sending out.

☆ Maximum of 2 duplicates unless there is interest; exception made for single use items in multi-packs (i.e. sheet mask packs, eye mask packs, etc)

☆ Be kind to those participating after you.  Do not hog all of the 'good' items; make sure you leave or add some enjoyable items for those trading after you.  When giving feedback or receiving feedback for trades, please be considerate and gracious.

Allowed: 

Spoiler

☆ Mid to high end products (think brands sold at Sephora, Hudson's Bay, Nordstrom, etc).

☆ All opened items must be labeled ("swatched", "tried/used 2x"…) and include value

☆ Tools/Brushes as long as they are clean and lightly used

☆ Anything that is sealed

☆ Skin care items in tubes & bottles. Jars only allowed if it's sealed or unopened

☆ Items will be organized in bags by type. Make sure products are wrapped well so they won't leak or break & ruin everything else

☆ Every item needs to be inside one of the categorized plastic bag/ziplocs 

Luxury Brands:

[Note: before the TSB begins, I am open to including new brands on the luxury brand list. If you think I am missing a brand or a brand I included should not be on the list, please post so we can decide as a group whether to include it]. 

Spoiler

Byredo
By Terry
Chanel

Chantecaille
Charlotte Tilbury
Chikuhodo
Christian Louboutin

Cle de Peau
Creed
Darphin
Diptyque
Gucci
Jo Malone
La Mer

La Prairie
May Lindstrom
Omorovicza
Pat McGrath
Sisley
Sulwashoo
Surratt
Suqqu
Tom Ford
Viseart

Not Allowed:

Spoiler

☹ Nail products or fragrance products (e.g. perfume) or aerosol products
☹ Pre-made samples

Drugstore or lower end items (Maybelline, CoverGirl, etc)

☹ Nail products or perfume

☹ Keep the quality of items traded in and out equal (ie do not put in Clinique and take out La Mer)

☹ Heavily used items

☹ Unsanitary items (remember that certain products cannot be easily or properly sanitized, such as mascara, lip glosses, cream products in a pan. This is not an exclusive list.)

☹ Swatching items in the box

☹ Keeping the box for more than 3 days (please update us if you need to keep it longer)

☹ No duplicates unless they are high end, highly sought after products or single use items

☹ Any larger items (value size, large tools, larger body care, larger skincare, large palettes) MUST be proposed first before adding to your trade. If the next 2-3 people aren't interested, please switch that item out.  Exceptions can be made if there is ample room in the box and there is interest later in the box.

Other Rules:

Spoiler

☆ Tracking number must be posted or private messaged to lachaton

☆ You must take a photo of the contents of the box when it arrives. This is to ensure people are honest with their selections.

Don't put in anything unsanitary

☆ Send your address to the person above you when the list comes out 

☆ Post a picture and written info of what you took and left, with their condition and value

☆ Review shipping rules (i.e. via Canada Post)

☆ Package things carefully and put things in ziplock bags

☆ Try not to put in LARGE full sized items, like large bottles over 8 oz unless someone after you is interested in them.

Sign ups will remain open until January 31st or until we reach max participants (whichever comes first).

Participants:

• lachaton
  • virgo87
  • shopaholic15
  • StyleLynn
  • InsomniacMuffin
  • lauriebos
  • Brie514

TSB order (coming soon)

1. lachaton (sending out box)
  2. StyleLynn
  3. Brie514
  4. lauriebos
  5. shopaholic15
  6. virgo87
  7. Insomniacmuffin
  8. lachaton 

TSB spreadsheet (updated from Fall 2016 round)

Spoiler

Re: Canadian Winter 2016 TSB

Is there going to be another Canadian TSB in the near future? 🙂

I hope so, it's been awhile 🙂

@lachaton  is probably the best person to ask.

@Saschattack @StyleLynn yes! I am hoping to do one soon. Work has been busier than I'd like lately.

I have a box of items I've been setting aside for a new Canadian TSB round. I was also hoping to go through the box and try to figure out how old some items are and toss those... but I'm beginning to fear that may take me too long to sort through. I'll take a look at the box and spreadsheet and try to figure something out so I can update you 🙂 

@lachaton I completely understand and I would definitely not want to be faced with the task of sorting through and determining the age of all of the products in the box.

We all appreciate all of the work that goes into starting up and organizing these boxes so whenever you're ready I'm sure you'll have some enthusiastic participants 😊 I know my pile of possible additions is piling up. 

Hi everyone! Do you know when the box will be shipped? 

😄

@virgo87 @shopaholic15 @StyleLynn @Insomniacmuffin @lauriebos @Brie514

Could each of you either post here or PM your province, so that I can figure out the order for the TSB? Thanks!

Thanks, everyone! The TSB order is now up. Please PM your mailing address to the person before you.

Thanks for organizing again @lachaton.

Yay! Thank you so much @lachaton for all the work you have/will be putting into this for everyone!

Quebec, quebec 

Québec 

Alberta

British Columbia

Ontario

Nova Scotia 🙂

Eeek I am so excited!

The trades are just depending on the participants' approval that the proposal is fair - which is where we look to value, brand, size, etc 🙂 

We don't claim products beforehand, just to keep it fair and distinct from one-on-one trading. Occasionally there's an exception, but that's the general idea! 

@InsomniacmuffinI have the serum (x2 I think) but I think I will pass after you 😞 Let's see...

I'm in! 

Conversation Stats
  • 35 replies
  • 65 Hearts Given
  • 8 Contributors
testing