cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Canadian Secret Santa 2018

**Sign-ups are closed**

Hi everyone! Since dyslexia cannot organize the exchange this year, I'm willing to head up a Secret Santa. I made a few changes to her rules, so please review this post carefully before signing up. 

Rules for 2018:

1. Open to both Canada & US. If in US, you must be willing to ship to Canada. If in Canada, you can specify that you want to only ship within the country.
  2. Active BIC participant: Must have have a minimum 600 hearts and must have posted at least once within the last 3 months (since July 10, 2018). Since this is my first time running this exchange and we've had the recent change from BT to BIC, I'm going to be strict with this requirement.
    You can check your hearts by going to your profile at https://www.sephora.com/users/[YOUR USERNAME HERE] scroll down to posts, and click on "view all" - top right will show your total hearts received. 
    It isn't intended to reinforce a clique at all, but since we are exchanging some personal information, I want to ensure that the people who sign up will follow through. One of the ways we do that is by selecting an eligibility requirement based on activity and involvement in the community. If you don't meet the requirements this year, please be encouraged to continue to participate in the community in the future! 
  3. Exchange will run via Elfster -- when you sign up please PM me with your email address so I can send your invite.
  4. Deadlines:
    Sign-up cut off date: Friday, October 26, midnight EST
    Matching day: between Saturday, October 27 and Monday, October 29 Please also have your Elfster wishlist(s) up to date by then.  
    Ship-by date: Tuesday, December 11th (based on Canada Post shipping guidelines for 2018). Feel free to send sooner!
  5. Spending minimum is CAD$50. This is a minimum, not a maximum. You may go over the minimum limit, but there is no expectation nor is it necessary for you to do so. This is a total, so it can be made up of either one bigger item, or a few smaller items.

Participants:

• lachaton
  • bakeamuffin
  • GG84
  • myxducky
  • Kim888
  • Indy701
  • Guessgal
  • shopaholic15
  • melissapurple22
  • Aaliaa
  • scott1201
  • seymore3
  • Nickelliebear1

Re: Canadian Secret Santa 2018

@Aaliaa  I agree about CP tracking being incorrect lately. The city that the system said it was delivered to was incorrect (it was a neighbouring city about 30-40 min drive away) so I was mega concerned until @shopaholic15 posted that she received it

@Aaliaa         super exciting!! more unboxings 🙂

I’ve had so much fun watching everyone unwrap their lovely gifts. This is my favourite event our community hosts. I wish we could bottle the positivity and share it would the world!

I received my gift today when I got home from work. My elf and I have bumped into each other (literally and figuratively) over the past year so I GUESS I should have expected this GAL. Ba-dum-tss. I’ll be here all week folks...

Ok onto the big show.

@Guessgal expertly tailored my gift down to the last detail (did we just become best friends?!) I have been so excited to try the Sephora favourites hair kit! I’m literally going to wash my hair after I finish this post! While I’m there, you bet I’m going to use my Lush goodies! Rose Jam is my jam! And the soap smells divine. Sheet masks are always a delight. And bobby pins (that all disappear into some abyss). Bobby pins I can’t keep in stock, always a welcomed gift!

@Guessgal you killed it. Thank you so much for all the time and effort you put into my gift. I really appreciate it!

So if you see a girl with hair shinier than the Xmas tree in Whoville, smelling like a rose bush  from the Garden of Eden with glowing skin, snacking on DELICIOUS Ghiradelli chocolate, it’s probably me (thanks to @Guessgal) so come say hi!

Happy holidays everyone!

PS - Jack was super excited to open it with me 😄

Jack was super stoked.Jack was super stoked.IMG_1730.jpg

What a lovely gift and I love the round box it came in. Also I'm all in for the pun play @shopaholic15 @Guessgal

OMG I bet this gift just smelled amazing! What a great gift full of goodies from @Guessgal Heart Enjoy your shiny hair, rose scented glowing skin, and mouth watering chocolates @shopaholic15 😄

P.S. Jack is such a cutie Heart

Nice gifting!  @shopaholic15 Your pup is so cute!!

what a lovely gift @shopaholic15 and so fun you got to meet in person!

@shopaholic15  I’m so glad you liked the items! This was actually my first time buying anything from Lush so I didn’t know how to wrap the bottle-less... packaging-free? soap (they sold me when they told me it was limited edition 😂 and bubblegum + vanilla flavoured 😁). But yes, I’m relieved it came in one piece. Whew! 

@shopaholic15what a fun mix of goodies! and all the Ghiradelli! 🤤 I love the peppermint bark they have during the holidays!

Trying to figure out who my secret santa is 8CE930EC-BC36-4097-8381-70592D187738.gif

I’ve narrowed the possibility down to 3 😂 🔎 

I know!!! I think I'm down to two, but I really really want to know!!! 

Image result for biting nails gif

@bakeamuffinsame, but I'm not nearly as sleuthy as you and haven't narrowed it down as much!

I'm not a good detective either haha - My tracking says Thursday or Friday (it said Thursday before and now it says Friday but my packages do that a lot and then still come the first day) so I will find out soon!!

@Kim888, the change in your delivery date may be due to the USPS suspending certain deliveries tomorrow (Wednesday) in honor of former President Bush. There will be limited package deliveries tomorrow but for the most part, mail services through the post office will be on hold tomorrow.

@Kim888    I just got my tracking info but CP is still kinda backed up, so I don't wanna hold my breath on expected dates yet, but I'm super excited and can't wait for it to get here!!  😁

@Kim888 I don't have a tracking or ship notification?

@GG84 your elf can Input a tracking number if they want when they ship in on Elster! 

@bakeamuffin I've stopped wondering lol. Did you receive a shipping notification? 

My Santa will be hand delivering @GG84! ❤️💚❤️💚 We’re aiming for this weekend ☺️ 1758F08B-A10F-40B6-97FF-168E6F92795F.gif

Is anyone else just waiting to see who @bakeamuffin Santa is??

The suspense is killing me! Should be soon, I think 😊

1 Reply
Conversation Stats
Photos59
  • FADDB338-D82A-4F74-9829-6C82473094CC.gif
  • B2D22437-F0C1-4BE9-9025-7269FB081934.gif
  • B8425384-1B28-45F9-86E2-98543C9A46B3.gif
  • GifsPro-id8143204-Christmas-gifs-of-Merry-Christmas.gif
  • tumblr_o28zvvhCgh1r0klrdo1_500
  • 73A8D17D-DFDA-40D6-93D7-5483748F40CF.gif
  • original.gif