Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Canada shipping via FedEx

Why?  WHYYYYYYY????  Why has my package been sent via FedEx?  They are *useless* in delivering packages in Canada, even when the full legal mailing address is literally staring them right in the face. 

Sephora, I thought you were trying to get on our good side?  Why this epic shipping fail?  Why the shift from Canada Post?  This will not bode well with most of your Canadian customers, especially us Rouge's who order a lot.

**EDITING TO ADD SOLUTION TO OUR PROBLEMS**

For those who have a Canada Post close to them (like in a Shoppers, etc), you can go to the Canada Post website and sign up for a service called "FLEX DELIVERY".... this will provide you a P.O. Box address to ship to, and it will be delivered directly to the Canada Post counter (note: no attempt will be made to deliver to your home).  You'll get an email notifying you when it's available for pick-up.  When you place your order with Sephora, just use your new Flex Delivery address, and that will guarantee it's delivered via Canada Post.

Re: Canada shipping via FedEx

Hopefully that's true! I had a delivery sent today and  tracking said it was sent by Fed-Ex 😞 But I guess it hasn't been a week yet, so fingers crossed! 

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!

Has anyone in Calgary ordered in the last week or two? There are a couple things I'd like to order soon, but I'm trying to decide if I should order from Shopper's Drug Mart instead to avoid F'edEx

Spoiler
Hopefully someone gets my bad joke at the end there. 

Hey, I live in Calgary and have placed a few orders with Sephora in the last couple of weeks. I've not had any issues, however, I live in a house and they just leave the box at the door when I'm not home. Hopefully this helps a bit with your decision.

Ah so still F'edEx then. Thanks for updating! 

They usually leave the box at my door as well, but they always leave it in full view of the street. Despite the fact that I have a slightly enclosed porch and it would be out of street view if they would move it 2 feet over. *sigh*

I end up worrying about it since I often don't get home until ~9pm, and don't want the hassle of stolen parcels. 

RE: Canada shipping via FedEx

Does anyone else feel like FedEx takes longer than Canada Post ever did? I’ve been watching my order travel thru Canada by ground, city by city, and it has taken a week now. It’s supposed to come today, and even this final delivery day is taking forever unlike how Canada post always had it at my door by 930am! There are zero items in my package that can’t be sent by air so what gives with this slow boat shipping method? Definitely not a Rouge perk with this shipping method.

yes!!! love when its Canada post. my two recent orders we...

yes!!! love when its Canada post. my two recent orders were sent via FedEx and according to the tracking number, have been sitting in woodridge Ontario for two week days and then left and nothing else comes up for either since then. I ordered over a week ago :'-(

Re: RE: Canada shipping via FedEx

@TinisaurusRex The routes that my Sephora packages are taking with FedEx are like a Canadian safari, and they’re different each time. Example: 

B5812029-313A-4C29-B355-B251A89372F1.jpeg

Old Post No. 43?? According to Wikipedia it has a population of 394 and is located here:

5AB5CD2D-200F-40F1-9DC2-75BBD5338A6C.jpeg

I find it comical to watch where my packages travel, as they bounce around Canada 😄

However, FedEx’s preference for taking the scenic route has not increased delivery time of my packages. It’s still taking about 4 business days, just like it always did with Canada Post. FedEx is also willing to “safe drop” them on my doorstep like Canada Post did, which suits me just fine.

I’ll miss Gary, my Canada Post delivery guy who brought my Sephora packages in rain, snow, sleet, ice, and sun (and once asked my husband, “does she have a cosmetics business?” 😂), but the new guy seems very nice too 😉

My recent order was shipped via FedEx but I got it in the mail last Tuesday. I have a P.O. Box address so I guess my package was redirected to CP when it got to Winnipeg. The package was a little squished, as if it’d been crammed in the back of a delivery truck, but the stuff inside was fine. Delivery took a little longer than it used to but at least I didn’t have to go all the way to the airport to get my package.

I had a similar experience like @sp1771. I placed two orders last week to my home address and they were delivered by Canada Post. For reference I live in Toronto.

Me too, I was having my package delivered to an address in Toronto. Next time, I'll see if I can have it delivered to somewhere else in the GTA.

I just placed an order and my shipping details show delivery via Canada Post.
I'm not using a Canada Post Flex Delivery either, so I'm kinda surprised 😕

What exactly is the point in online shopping if you have to go out of your way to pick up your items?! This is so ridiculous. I'm so disappointed that Sephora would do this to their Canadian customers. The reason I am rouge and have been for years now is because of the convenience of online shopping. Looks like I won't hit rouge again this year. Thanks for nothing Sephora!

this is super annoying! Living in an apartment, I'm not going to get my packages delivered. I work long hours so fed ex locations are closed when I get off work. Canada Post was so much better, they have access to the apartment mail boxes. so theres no running around with them. My online purchases will definitely decrease now.

If I may ask for Canadian BIC members for advice, I live in downtown Toronto and would really like to place an online order. I was wondering if anyone in the area has received a Sephora shipment from Canada Post or if it was FedEx?

The last time I had a shipment come from FedEx, they sent my package all the way out to a shipping centre near Pearson!! I don't have a car so I have to pay either $70 to get to the airport by taxi or spend an hour round trip commuting via TTC and UP Express. Then I'd have to taxi it from Pearson to FedEx 😞 NO!!!

edit for clarification: the Pearson shipment was not from Sephora 🙂

I live in uptown Toronto and got an order by Canada Post today. It’s so ridiculous that they sent your order to Pearson! I thought they were maybe trying FedEx for outside of Ontario orders but I guess not. I don’t believe FedEx would be any faster/cheaper than CP for any Ontario orders since the warehouse is in Missisauga. FedEx is probably more inconvenient now that all the retail outlets are closed. I don’t get why they dont use CP outlets as pickup options like Amazon does. Hope they sort this out soon!

@bonafide11, to clarify so that no one is confused, the Pearson shipment was not from Sephora, it was a different company, sent many years ago. But the memory burns!!!

Thanks for letting us know you had your shipment with CP 🙂

@pocketvenus Oh gotcha. I think everyone has a FedEx horror story lol. Then my guess is Toronto/GTA Sephora orders are still coming by CP. FedEx would make no sense when our packages don’t even have to get on a plane. I do feel bad for those out of Ontario though!

I actually placed an order to check this out @pocketvenus. I live midtown Toronto and my order came by Canada Post. It was only a $8 order so I'm not sure if its a location/value that affects who they ship with. 

P.S. Someone else mentioned a few days ago that you can use Canada Post Flex Delivery, and this will guarantee your delivery to whichever post office you select. I've used Plex before, and its really easy to set up online (and its free).

@Aaliaa, thanks! I wasn't sure what FlexDelivery is so for anyone wondering you set it up on Canada Post's website. I will try this 🙂

The irrational rage I feel right now.... ugh I didn't know they switched to fedex until I placed my order last week. Of course they attempt delivery while I am at work and now plans for tomorrow are scrapped so that I can recieve the order I have been waiting for, when it used to be that I could pick it up while out for groceries, at Shoppers. Fedex is the worst. I guess I need a flex address. Too late now though!

Conversation Stats
Photos2
  • B5812029-313A-4C29-B355-B251A89372F1.jpeg
  • 5AB5CD2D-200F-40F1-9DC2-75BBD5338A6C.jpeg
testing