Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Oh, Canada!
|

Born this way or lock it foundation?

Too faced born this way or kat von d lock it foundation and why? I need help choosing!!

RE: Born this way or lock it foundation?

If it’s strictly between those two, I’d have to go with Born This Way. I’ve tried both, the TF didn’t seriously impress me, but I didn’t hate it. The KVD on the other hand I wanted so badly to love it, since I love the rest of her products and truthfully it did a great job covering up my tattoos when I needed to. But it caused the worst breakouts I ever had, it completely dried out my skin and my breakout was so bad it hurt to lay my face on my pillow. Everyone’s skin is different though. If you’re looking for something medium to full coverage, the Tarte Clay line is pretty awesome!

I preferred Too Faced, I think it really depends on your skin type and what kind of coverage you want. The KVD is much more thick where as the Too Faced Born This Way is more runny. It works really well for my dry/combo/acne skin. Can you go into a Sephora and ask for a sample of each so you can see which one wears better on your skin?

Hey! I found the Two-faced one NOT for me at all. It was slick, and made me break out. I wanted to love it because I heard amazing things, such as moisturizing and wonderful, buildable coverage, but I had to return it. The Kat Von D was also too dry for me. It was cakey on my skin, and really heavy. I tried both liquid and powder, and the powder was better, but again, not great. Both seem to be for different skin types. What are you? I am mostly normal, although a slightly oily t-zone, and drier cheeks. I have found my love in the new Fenty foundation. I can't speak highly enough. It's matte, buildable. It's amazing, albeit a bit drier than the MAC BB cream I've used most of the summer. I also love the Hourglass cream foundation (light and lovely, but buildable although can slide off during the day) and the MUFE stick foundation (which is wonderful coverage, and buildable as well but can look cakey if not blended well!) This doesn't really answer your question, but I hope some of the insight helps. I'm still looking for the best foundation. MAC BB cream is amazing and definitely great for lighter days, and Fenty and Hourglass are amazing contenders for me anyway! Depends on the look I want!
3 Replies
Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 Hearts Given
  • 4 Contributors
testing