Your Basket is Empty
Sign in to see items you may have added previously.
See samples, rewards and promotions in .

Item Added to Basket

Free Shipping!

You're only $50.00 away from Free Shipping.

Post in Nailed It

ridges in nails

I've been dealing with weird, lumpy, uneven ridges in my thumb nails for years now. Are there any base coats or anything that you think would help rectify this? Was thinking of investing in the pink gel. 

Highlighted

Re: ridges in nails

Dang, looks like they don't sell the Dior ridge filler here at Sephora? 

Hi autobiographer,

I was always told that ridges in the nailes (hard ones or random lines, bumps etc.) are indicators of a health issue or any kind of trauma your body has gone through. This is especially true on my part but can also be entirely irrelevant! Try using a nail buffer to smooth the nails, invest in a good nourishing hand cream and try a retinol base or strenghthening base coat:

Ergo Buffer

3-Step Ergo Buffer

Pink Gel Coat

Pink Gel Coat

Fresh Brown Sugar Hand Cream (has sugar to retain moisture in the skin!)

Brown Sugar Hand Cream

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Nail Tek has a few different options for ridge filling base coats/conditioning coats depending on the state of your nails, whether they're healthy or soft/peeling.

Smiley Sad Unfortunately we do not have the Dior ridge filler here! You might want to try a similar gel coat which can help to even out the texture under polish- check into a B vitamin which helps to strengthen the hair and nails as well- I have a few horizontal ridges as well and while they don't fully go away, the vitamins added have helped minimize them!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana

Hi Autobiographer,

You also might want to try the OCC Ridge-Filling Base Coat.

http://www.sephora.com/ridge-filling-base-coat-P377734?skuId=1492115

<3 Melissa
Conversation Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 9 Hearts Given
  • 9 Contributors
Photos1
  • ridge filler.jpg