Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@CookieGirl1 - I don't like to pay full price even for LE, but there are 3 or 4 that I really like!  Decisions, decisions! 😄

Edited to add cart.

Screenshot_20240105_083145.jpg

@Titian06 I came SO CLOSE to ordering the one from Rogue but after I drooled over it a little I suddenly thought, "Wait...I think that I already own a polish that's nearly identical 🤔."  Yup.  Guess I know what I like 😅.  The only one that I ended up ordering was one from Kathleen Co and I'm super excited to get it!

I popped in yesterday to respond to new manis and previous mentions, then post my first mani of the new year, but then somehow completely forgot to post it? 🤦‍♀️ But, y'all benefit a bit because yesterday was grey and gloomy but the sun came out today, so I have a better shot of this gorgeous holo, so I guess it all worked out 😋

I'm doing my best to manifest summer with this bright and cheery combo 🌞

Glisten & Glow Purple Rose: absolutely stunning cool toned purple gorgeousness, a super strong linear holo with one coat coverage (I used two as always, but one was more than enough). Incredibly easy to work with as well 

LA Colors Riot: teal green jelly with a smattering of silver holo glitter. Three coats for opacity, but it was smooth and even at coats one and two; if you like sheer, this would be lovely with fewer coats as well.

Glisten & Glow Vendee Globe: white crelly with green, blue and purple glitters in assorted sizes. Another super easy polish, this is three coats for opacity. 

IMG_20240104_134236263_HDR.jpg

Full sun picks up the holo flame in Purple Rose and a twinkle of holo in Riot 🌈

IMG_20240103_135843890.jpg

Indirect light 

IMG_20240103_135915394.jpg

Another shot of the rainbow 🌈

@RGbrown  All of these are beautiful but my fav is definitely the crelly!! 

@ather 

Thanks so much! It's definitely a great one 🤍💚💙💜

@RGbrown, a mani with a white crelly is on my list of mani's to do this year, a carry over from last year's "mani's to try" list. I know I have at least one white crelly polish in the packages I still need to get to. At least one. 😄 Vendee Glow just brings this mani all together so beautifully. I love the mix of glitters in the polish. 😍

@itsfi 

Oh yay, can't wait to see your white crelly when you get to it! They are so much fun; I'm still enchanted with them even though I'm not generally a fan of white lol 🤍

@RGbrown, I’m with you on whites; they are super fussy for me and that makes me less of a fan. Your crellies last year and this one have made me more open to them. 💅🏼 

The final shot of your thumb and Purple Rose, it's spectacular. 🤩 The holo is soo good on that one. 

I'm always a fan of a white speckled polish. 💜💚🤍 I love this one and how it fits in perfectly to your mix. Lovely choice of colors for this @RGbrown

@CynthieLu 

Thanks so much! Purple Rose is stunning, such a great polish 💜

Wow, I love all these colors, @RGbrown ! 💜💚💙🤍

@Titian06 

Thanks so much! 💚💙💜

@RGbrown  Oh such beautiful sparkles 💙🩵💚.  Gorgeous shades !  Glisten and Glow is striking!

@Cissy63 

Thanks so much! G&G does such wonderful shades 💜

@RGbrown that blue is EVERYTHING. Was definitely worth the wait to catch it in full sun!!

@cianni 

Thanks so much! It's such a gorgeous polish 💖

Hello, 2024! 🎉 Here’s my first mani of the new year. 💅

blue nail polish for skittles.jpg

In addition to the beautiful blues in this mani, I'm very happy with myself for growing out my thumb and index finger nails long enough to be able to file them into an almond shape! (Look @jaaayp, it finally happened!) I'm actually surprised I was able to reach this length on my natural nails on not just one, but two nails. Let's not expect this length to stay for much longer though, lol. I was aiming to do an almond shaped nail last year but 2024 is fine as well, right? 😉

Feeling blue ... in the best way!Feeling blue ... in the best way!

blue skittles 2.jpg

from thumb to pinky (all 2 coats, except for my thumb and index finger nails, which have 3 coats):

OPI Infinite ShineI NLLA08 - Angels Flight to Starry Nights - a soft,sky blue with a pearly holographic shimmer. 

Chanel Muse - soft, pale pastel blue creme. I've found that pastel blue polishes can go on streaky. This had some bald spots with the first coat but was not the most challenging pastel blue I've used. Easy opacity with the second coat.

Hard to describe the color of Smith & Cult Ice Tears. In the bottle it has a deep teal blue metallic look to it, but on my nails, it looks more like a cross between lapis blue and a dark blue, with a pretty, semi metallic finish. 

Zoya Saint - light periwinkle blurple with a soft metallic finish.

1422 Designs Blueberry Milkshake is a blueberry crelly base with silver, gold and purple flakies.This was part of the Polish Pick Up (PPU) May 2021 offering.

Base coat is Canmake Nail Hardener and Top coat is the tried-and-true Glisten & Glow Top Coat.

Hope everyone had a fabulous holiday and is enjoying the start of the new year. Excited to see all the marvelous mani's to come!

It's beautiful @itsfi I'm so proud 😂 I saw a video the other day and they were like "a way to grow your natural nails is to pretend they're already long and treat them as though they'll break any moment" ! I thought of you 😂😂😂

@itsfi Congrats on the grow out!! Your nail shape looks great, and that Smith and Cult shade... dang girl!

Thank you, thank you @missjeanie! I’ve had this shade on my radar for some time; glad I finally went for it. I’m bummed they are no longer in business; always sad to see something like that happen. I had a moment where I thought “what am I going to do when I run out?” And then I realized what a ridiculous thought THAT was. 😜 I doubt I’ll be running out anytime soon. 😆 Or ever.

@itsfi I'm trying to tell myself that surely I'll have something new to obsess over should things like 'running out' ever happen!

30,788 Replies
testing