Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Nailed It
|

Show Me Your Nails 2.0

Due to some technical glitches with the original Show Me Your Nails Thread, I am starting a new thread with @vegchililover78's blessing (She says "hello," by the way!).

Please share your nail looks, nail art and manicures!

69F442B5-7FA6-41C9-B9F9-3C495B8E78CB_1_105_c.jpeg

...And don't forget to check out @Beadshopgirl's Nail Stamping Thread for stamping inspiration! ❤️  

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Nailed-It/The-Nail-Stamping-Thread/m-p/3328865

Re: Show Me Your Nails 2.0

@WinglessOne loving all of these shades on you. Stay with Mama is really cool. It really changes in the light!

@WinglessOne 

I've got a bit of a quizzical/confused look on my face right now, as I have You've Got Blackmail here somewhere and don't remember it being textured at all?? Like, that didn't even begin to ring a bell for me. So I pulled out my phone and checked my camera album, and I wore it way back in Nov 2019, so no freakin' wonder I don't recall that 😂 Yay, thanks for the reminder that this exists!

Love love love everything here! I'm especially drawn to the Crystal Knockout polish. Black isn't always my thing, and neither is blue, but the combo with all the flakes and sparkle is really calling me 🖤💙

@RGbrown  Ha, at least you remembered you have Blackmail at all. 🤣 I was sifting through black polish swatches for this mani and was about to choose Dahlia when I caught Blackmail hiding behind another stick. And I just swatched all those black polishes, what, a couple months ago? Sheesh... But yep, Blackmail's a goodie! I like it better than Dahlia. I'll probably get more wear out of it since I finally swapped all my CG brushes with KBS brushes. 

Dance Electric is nearly everything I want in a polish: 

✔️ Thermal (a rather reactive one) 

✔️Black

✔️Blue (turquoise, for my ocean/sea blue and robin egg blue obsession) 

✔️All the pretty sparkly colors 

✔️Jelly base 

✔️Glows in the dark 

✔️No fishing around the bottle for all the fun bits 

✔️Beautiful warm-to-cold ombre 

✔️Good at 2 coats, but 3 gets me even more sparklies so why not 

✔️Wide paddle brush 

The only negative is it's a bit stinky during application. It's not the only polish that has that issue, of course, and it's nothing to freak out over. If Crystal Knockout made this polish in other jelly base colors (a bright purple to black thermal would be awesome), I'd buy each one. 

@WinglessOne 

Ha, I keep a list of my biggest brands so I can cross reference it while shopping to help keep me from buying dupes...it has saved me many a time 😅 And for the most part, many polish names ring a bell for me; if I double check my list, I'm usually right if I think I already have it, though that's starting to become less true for MT. I've shopped old stock of the brand at so many sites that now I think I have ones I don't just because I've seen the names of some soooo many times lol. "What do you mean I don't have Make You Blink Pink? May as well buy it just so I can stop doing that double take" is how my conversations in my head go now 🤣

Some blue pigments stink! I'd read this a couple of years ago, but hadn't really noticed it until the blue holo from OPI's holiday set last year...it was the most godawful stinky thing I'd ever smelled 🤢

A purple to black thermal? From your lips to Crystal Knockout's ears 🙏

Base is Orly Smoke Jelly and topper is Spellbound both from the Kelli Marissa Collection

20221020_192311.jpg

@Mellmars1185  Ooooo these are perfect for spooky season!

@ather Thank you 🧡🖤🤍

@Mellmars1185 

Yay, this looks awesome! 🎃 How are you liking Smoke Jelly?

@RGbrown I like smoke jelly. I did 2 coats with one coat of the topper. If I wore it alone I think i would need 3 coats. I find I have a hard time applying jellies around the cuticle and edges of my nails ( i get a patchy look if it is not applied perfect) but this one is very forgiving. 

@Mellmars1185 

I agree that Orly did a pretty nice job with these! I've had some simply awful jellies that are a streaky mess, but even being a bit uneven at two coats, somehow Smoke doesn't look awful. I've been impressed with the set as a whole!

Oooh, fun!  That looks great, @Mellmars1185 .

@CookieGirl1 Thank you!

@Mellmars1185  Aaahh, the 2 polishes I want from the Kelli Marissa collection. Love this combo! 

@WinglessOne Thank you very much

@Mellmars1185, this pairing is great for this time of the year. 💅🏼 The topper is so festive! 

@itsfi Thank you very much ☺️

Love them 🎃🎃🎃

@Ladyflower merci!

Super cute @Mellmars1185 ! I love it! 🎃🎃🖤🖤

@Saradestin Thank you!

Super pretty, @Mellmars1185 ! 🖤🧡🖤🧡